You added Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) to your Saves list
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Medlock Street, Manchester M15 5FJ, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Stayed here for about 5 days. It was an average stay, no real problems other than a problem with the car park gate on the first morning. The girl at the desk seemed as though this problem occurs regularly, so this could be a pesky issue.

My colleague did complain that his room wasn't fully refreshed once (no new towels, shampoo, etc), but can't say that I experienced this myself.

Close enought to the city centre without having to pay the exorbitant rates at the nearby Hilton. Decent breakfast each morning (not included with room rate).

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

Just back from a weekend stay at the "Premier" Inn Deansgate Locks and it was my first and last time staying there!!! Unfortuantely I booked a sports package which was expensive enough and felt ripped off when I saw the hotel - and found it was in actual fact only £60 odd to stay per night...

The day before I was due to arrive I noticed on my credit card statement that they had debited my card for 1 nights accom & breakfast - I rang to query this and they said it was because I hadnt shown up the previous weekend - I was never going to be in manchester that weekend - after a lengthy explanation that I was in actual fact staying there this weekend they begrudgingly refunded the money -

Having said that this wasnt the reason I found the hotel unpleasant - we arrived around 11 am from the airport and knew we couldnt check in as it wasnt til 2 - they have a bag system where you get a tag - that was fine but having been up since 6am we said we'd have a coffee/drink before heading to Old Trafford for the match the bar was locked up and there was nothing to be had apart from a few vending machines in recption! also the toilets were closed off just 1 disabled toilet in use!!! - We returned from the match and got the key for our room which was on the 4th floor on first impression it didnt look too bad but then I opened the ensuite door to be greeted with the most disgusting smell - it was like then mens toilets in a busy bar - awful - but at this point it was late so we quickly changed and went off out for dinner and decided I'd report it in the morning -

the following morning we didnt get up for breakfast as I felt the place was very grotty and breakfast didnt appeal to me as the bar/restaurant were dingy and dirty looking - went to leave our room to find a bag of towels left outside the door this was about 11am - on leaving hotel I checked that room would be cleaned and told her towels were just left outside she said it would be and I said could the ensuite get a good cleaning aswell - we left for the day and got back around midnight to discover our room hadnt been touched and the following morning I discovered that the bag of towels only had one hand towel and one bath towel even though there were two of us in the room!! again we slept and left early the next morning I have never spent so little time in a hotel in my life and didnt have so much as a glass of water there during my stay - I found the staff quite abrupt and it was almost a inconvenice to ask them anything - I had passed a restaurant on the first evening and noted the name and asked recption if they had a number so I could book it - the reply I got was a grunt and a yellow pages flung on the desk!! They wont even order a taxi for you!

I know this hotel is budget but this is below budget in my opinion I have stayed in Jurys Inns & Tulips Inns where staff are pleasant rooms cleaned and ordering a coffee isnt a problem - all in all we had a great time in Manchester the city is great and there was a buzz about the city it was just a shame that our accommodation was so poor - you live in learn they say and I certainly have!!!!

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — lack of hygene
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

Just returned from 2 night weekend stay hotel great location easy access into manchester with free shuttle bus very short walk or metro link into manchester plenty of parking faclities. Hotel staff very helpful room comfortable restaurant serves good meals breakfast excellent again staff very pleasant & helpful visited manchester to visit xmas markets would reccomend & shopping within manchester itself well worth a visit & would highly reccomend staying at this hotel

Stayed November 2007
Northern Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Not a bad hotel for the price, i've stayed in worse, but i expected a bit more from this premier inn. It is fairly close to centre and the room was comfortable and clean. just a few points i didnt like about the hotel. I stayed in a room on the second floor and you could hear the people in the next floor above walking about and it seemed quite loud. Thought it was just my room but my other work collegues had the same problem with their rooms. The bathroom smelt a bit musty and stale and the duvet cover on the bed didnt fit the duvet. Also at breakfast the food ran out at the self service and wasnt replaced for quite a while ( i gave up waiting on the eggs) but maybe i was just down for breakfast at a busy time. Overall this place did the job for a mid week work trip but you can probably get better in manchester for around the same price.

Stayed November 2007
Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

This hotel is in central Manchester and is a budget hotel. Being part of the Premier Inn chain you expect a certain standard. Upon approch the hotel is situated on a roundabout, with relatively easy access to it, it also has ample parking. The reception is bright and airy and the staff pleasant enough.
It was not until I got into the small lift and went to my room that the usual Premier Inn experience changed. The corridors were very narrow and the rooms felt compact. My room had a small bathroom, twin beds and a hanging space, shelving and long desk that looked like it was made from scraps of old wood that had all been varnished to mask the marked wood. The overall appeal reminded me of a glorified dormitory room at a University. I appreciate the hotel is budget, but the furniture and decor gave the impression the hotel was put together with a very low spec and budget.
To make matters worse my TV did not work, and my early morning call ordered through reception did not occur. Upon questioning reception at the lack of a call, they told me my phone must have been put on silent. This may have been information better received at placing my wake up call request.
The hotel did have its own bar and restaurant and breakfast, although understaffed was adequate with a self service style breakfast as opposed to having your your cooked breakfast made to order, but it was substantial enough.
This hotel is suitable for budget travellers visiting the area, for a business man this is at the lower end of budget hotels.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The glorified dormitory style rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Poulton-Le-Fylde
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

Stayed mid week for two nights.

The hotel is situated about 5 minutes walk away from Deansgate train station. It has a good sized car park with an attendant who works till about 8pm, after that you can get out with a PIN code which changes on a daily basis.

The hotel normally charges about £62 per night for a double room, but this can change when key events are on.

The reception is clean, clear, with a handful of chairs. It does not really have a lounge, just a place to wait whilst you wait for someone or a taxi.

Downstairs there is a restaurant, bar and reception. There are two lifts and 7 floors of rooms. The corridors are again clean and with a nice decor.

The room is exactly what I've come to expect from Premier Travel Inn, they are spacious, a nice comfortable bed with polyester pillows. The bathroom is a bath with a shower that heats up quickly and is quite powerful.

The food in the restaurant is typical pub food but with a few nice additions like crispy duck for a starter. That was quite nice. The portions are quite large so usually two courses are enough for most people, the prices are reasonable considering the portions.

The hotel is a quite acceptable place to stay for most people. It's basic but so is the price, quite worth the money for a convinient location (15 minutes walk from the Arndale centre).

• Liked — The staff taking time out to talk to you if you are on your own in the pub.
  • Disliked — No safe in the room.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

This was the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel on a weekend break to Manchester. The location is good and only a short walk into town avoiding the need to get taxis etc. Yes, you can stay at far swankier hotels in Manchester like the Hilton, City Inn etc - but you pay the price. I like a hotel to be clean, comfortable and relatively modern at a good price, and this ticks all these boxes. We had no problem getting a space in the car park unlike some reviews - and we did go on a Saturday night. Even at 7pm on the Saturday there were still spaces. I guess if there are concerts/events on in Manchester then the hotel, and therefore the car park, would be fuller. Also there were no check in queues when we checked in, but I saw a few waiting around 6.30pm time.
The only real gripe I had was the fact that we were woken at 3.45am by drunken idiots returning to the hotel after a night out, who clearly found it funny to make as much noise as possible by shouting and slamming doors for about half an hour in the rooms adjacent to ours. Obviously that wasnt the hotels fault - but with it being budget accomodation groups of men and women, particularly stag and hen parties, are going to stay there. And these are usually the sort that will come back in the early hours and disturb other guests. We decided on this occasion to inform reception at breakfast time, and were spoken to by a very friendly member of staff who offered us our money back. This was a nice gesture. We were informed later that staff had worked out who the offending guests were and had a word with them, though they had denied everything! Apparantly hotel security do hourly checks on the corridors, but how effective these are is obviously doubtful. At breakfast we spoke to another couple who had been woken several times in the night by staff ringing them and saying that someone was smoking in their room. This was untrue and they were quite annoyed about it. They had complained and got their money back also.
Also I would say that the room was pretty hot and there is no air con, only a fan which was a bit dusty. Granted, it was a hot day when we were there but I couldnt have the window open during the night as there was too much road noise outside.
A tip - continental breakfast is not advertised, but it is cheaper at £5.25 if you dont want the full english. I would begrudge paying £7.50 for a buffet breakfast. The food quality is pretty good but sometimes it is not replenished very quickly when supplies run out.
All in all I would probably stay again because the price and location is good - but I would be wary of the noise and possibility of disturbance. But you could get that anywhere I suppose.

• Liked — the price, clean comfortable rooms, free parking
  • Disliked — noise disturbance
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks)? Share your experiences!