“Fab experience defo return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 1,718 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Tapas, Coffee Shop, Bistro
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Veeno is an Italian wine cafe that promotes a different way of enjoying wine and food: "Vino & Spuntini". All of our wines are directly sourced from Caruso & Minini in Sicily, our family vineyard. Three generations of tradition help produce grapes that are perfect to make our award winning wines. We offer traditional spuntini (appetisers). It is dining to suit your appetite - enjoy a dish or two for lunch, a quick snack to compliment a bottle of wine - or pick three or four to make up a main meal, 100% Italian
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab experience defo return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My partner and I stumbled accros this place whilst at the christmas markets and thought we would try it a week later for some cheese and wine.

We have a passion for red wine and love nice cheese and olives to go with it. We went early at 11.30 so it was empty. We were greeted from a nice waiter called George. Very polite in his italian accent. We ordered and whilst waiting for our wine and cheese platter, we enjoyed the restaurants attention to detail and the pictures on the wall. One of which we really liked and wanted to buy it. When the food arrived it was nicely presented and the wine was delicious. We asked if it was possible to buy any of the pictures? He wasnt sure but took our email address and phone number as he said he would ask his manager.

We were enjoying ourselves so much and ordered another glass of wine. By this time the place was full, every table occupied.

We enjoyed the whole experience and hoped they would come back to us about the picture. The following evening George rang us and said we could buy the picture. He even gave us the frame for it. We were delighted and picked it up a few days later at a good price.

We will definitly return to this place and maybe try something hot next time.

wirral
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I visited here with my friend on Sunday 8th dec after buying a wowcher deal advertising two 'main' meals and two glasses of wine for £10. It was reasonably busy on arrival but as promised we had a table reserved for us. I understood you ordered at the bar which was fine, the wine was lovely and we ordered a meat arancine and a vegetarian arancine. Both meals came to the table and the vegetarian meal was hot at the top but freezing cold underneath virtually frozen, as if it had been warmed through but not for long enough. Anyway it was sent back and then brought back piping hot but by that time my friend had finished her meal. I think the advertisement of two 'main' meals is also not correct as it is more of a tapas style dish you actually receive. Anyways a female member of staff came over and apologised and stated she would refund my money. She then also gave us free desserts and a small glass of Italian dessert wine each. This was a nice gesture. However I did not receive a refund which to be fair I did not expect but don't say you are going to do something then don't do it!!!! I have to agree with the previous comments about being ignored as when I approached the counter with my cold dish two members of staff just walked right past me into an office and ignored me!! For a new place that had not long been open they really should be trying harder to impress and get repeat business. That said I would visit again but only for wine and only because of its convenient location.

NinoFrancesco, Owner at Veeno, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear customer,
first of all thanks for your visit and your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience.
When coming with a wowcher the refund procedure is slightly different, but definitely you will be refund. The only thing that I would need from you is the number of the voucher so that I can follow the refund personally.
On the other side, I appreciate you enjoyed the wine and I will investigate the reason of your cold dish.
We are looking forward to see you again, so that you can try another dish and hopefully enjoy it!
Thanks again for your feedback.
Regards
Nino Caruso
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Prepare to be igonored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We arrived to find 4 staff behind the bar in deep conversation. When, several minutes later, we managed to get the attention of one member of staff she looked for our reservation but wandered off without saying anything to us. We were eventually told, by another member of staff, to sit at a table in the window.

After going back to the twice bar to place our order (the first time we were told we couldn't have the main course dishes at £5.00 as we had a Wowcher and we were restricted to just 3 cheaper choices) we then waited for 30 minutes without any body coming near us. When we went to the bar to ask where our food and drink were the man at the bar didn't seem to understand and just wandered off presumably to get another member of staff.......we gave up and left and had good food/drink and service at the Manchester Christmas Market instead.

We've asked Wowcher for a refund as we refuse to go somewhere that seem to treat us like beggers for having a Wowcher.

There was an offer at the restaurant itself for £6 for a main course and a glass of wine which was only £1 different to the Wowcher but I'm not convinced that you'd be served if you asked for that deal. Altogether a complete waste of time, no wonder they're not too busy!!

andzec, Proprietario at Veeno, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear customer,
thanks for your feedback. I investigated into this and first of all I would like to clarify that Veeno is not a restaurant but a wine cafè: orders are taken at the counter as clearly stated on the menu. We will make sure our staff clearly highlights this again. Anyway it's unlikely that you saw 4 staff chatting because at that time we had only 2 of them on duty. With regards to the Wowcher offer, we are really happy to serve all the customers with no preference or priority (why should we do differently?) and the feedback we receive has always been very positive. I am sorry that Veeno didn't meet your expectations but we are ready to invite you again to revisit your rushed review.
“Great italian Venue!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hey!! i went on monday to the place at 8... nice explanation and presentation of the wine, the vegetarian lasagna was delicious!! i higly recommend the venue!! Had a nice week beginning!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice dinner with wine :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went to the restaurant on tuesday night and i liked the wine and the food. The service was good and the waiter offered me a different wine, which i chose and i really like it... as i mentioned to the waiter in the restaurant, i will bring my friends for the weekend. Good job team!