“Cool place for bowling and pre-drinks” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cool place for bowling and pre-drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went with a group of church friends for drinks and bowling. Great decor and atmosphere.
With my gf for our first date, the place was a bit too loud for us; we were probably after a low key place but it wasn't suitable for that.
For groups no problem. Intimacy, find somewhere else.

Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff/Great Birthday Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Took my little sister and her group of friends here for her birthday.The staff were all extremely helpful and made sure we had a fantastic time. She was given a birthday card and free birthday milkshake which made the visit even more pleasant. They all had a great time and have repeatedly been asking me to take them back. Despite losing to a bunch of 10 year olds at bowling, I also enjoyed my time here. The only thing I could fault was the food which I didn't find very appealing. All in all it was an outstanding experience!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
AllStarLanes, General Manager at All Star Lanes Manchester, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Orangenotes,

Thanks for the feedback, Im glad your little sister enjoyed her bowling experience with us. And don’t worry, I am truly horrendous at bowling and I work here! And its our pleasure to get your sister a milkshake on us! As far as the comment regarding the menu, I would love to discuss this in more detail if possible? We are always looking at ways to improve what we offer and would value your feedback. If you have the time please contact me on iain@allstarlanes.co.uk so we may discuss further. Of course only if its not too much trouble. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
“Huge dessert portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

A group of us opted into the package to bowl and then have a choice of two courses from the three with a free cocktail. Drinks serve great during play and food impressive. I opted for a starter and a main and it was fabulous, others who opted for the dessert were somewhat over faced with the portions presented.

Highly recommended

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sharon W,

Thanks for visiting us and taking advantage of our Eat Drink Bowl offer with a free cocktail. Im glad you found it value for money. Sometimes due to the nature of the business we can be labelled expensive compared to other Bowling Alley concepts. We do endeavour to offer the freshest, high quality food & drinks, with all of our menu prepared in our own kitchen by expert chef’s. We also source all our produce from the best suppliers in the city, which Im glad you noticed. Thanks again for the kind words.

Cheers!

“Birthday occasion ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I visited all star lanes with a large group for my birthday. I have to say, we could not have been looked after any better! We had a space in the bar area reserved and I also got a free cocktail and birthday card which was an excellent touch. The food was fab, I just had burger and fries but both cooked perfectly. I think the music could have been a touch louder but maybe not everyone would want that! The bowling was so much fun, I was rubbish but the drinks that kept flowing helped. Would definitely recommend.

AllStarLanes, General Manager at All Star Lanes Manchester, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Stripey_C

Thanks so much for the great feedback. We really appreciate it, and I’ll make sure to pass the comments back to the team – they enjoy a good pat on the back! I’m glad we made your birthday celebration a memorable one.

Did you know our resident DJ’s crank up the music on weekends in the bar, and create a real party atmosphere for you to get your dancing shoes on? (after you’ve taken the bowling ones off!) Next time you book in to bowl, just ask our reservations team to book you a complimentary booth in the bar after you bowl, where we’re happy to get the party underway! Hopefully see you soon, and make sure if you’re in the venue to come say hello!

Thanks again
iain@allstarlanes.co.uk
“Missed Opportunity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We as a group of 9 wanted to visit here in a couple of weeks time on a Saturday at around 7pm. On calling we were then told that to go at peak times (6pm+) the 'majority of us' MUST eat as well. The venue sounds good but as the menu doesn't appeal to us we have since booked elsewhere (Dog Bowl) where the venue is happy for a party to bowl only. Needless to say we think this is a money making scheme by All Star Lanes!

• Visited June 2014
AllStarLanes, General Manager at All Star Lanes Manchester, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Be-Unique,

Im sorry to hear that you felt that you were unable to make a reservation with us on Saturday evening.

Due to our unique position in the market, with our bar, restaurant and bowling lanes, at busy periods we reserve our lanes for guests that dine with us at these times. Predominantly guests that dine come to experience the whole package with us also. Unfortunately due to the popularity of our lanes, we would be in a position where if dining guests would wish to book a lane, we wouldn’t have the availability to do so. We are a boutique bowling alley and only have 8 lanes and due to the high demand we struggle to accommodate all guests requests and unfortunately some guests will be disappointed with the outcome. So I hope you understand why we take this approach. We do hold a walk in lane to allow guests that haven’t booked to come and bowl on the day, and we also are happy to pop you on the waiting list if a slot becomes available closer to the time due to a cancellation.

We can of course book you in on bowling only reservations before 6pm, and after 10pm on our peak days, and also any other day in the week, at any time. For example, on Mondays we have Groundhog Monday, which is a great offer for two games for a tenner, no dining reservation required.

I hope this makes sense. Please drop me a line if you would wish to discuss this any further

Kind Regards