“good food and good fun” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“good food and good fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

we were a family of 7 who had been refused entry at james martins restaurant upstairs on my step daughters 18th due to her passport not being in date. we found all star lanes and they managed to get us a table despite it being very busy near christmas. we all enjoyed our food and the service was excellent, so friendly. the milkshakes were great as were the cocktails. we didn't partake in the bowling as we were not dressed appropriately and there was a long waiting list but if I return in the future im sure we will bowl too. it was quite expensive but we had fun and were just glad to get a meal. definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AllStarLanes, General Manager at All Star Lanes Manchester, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Joe Bloggs!
Great to hear you had a great time when you visited! Thankfully we are usually able to accept large walk in tables at most times so it's great to see that we managed to accomodate you on that occasion too.
Make sure you pop in again and try the the new food menu due to be launched in a month or two. Alternatively if you're with the family make sure you pop in on a saturday or sunday daytime for a leisurely afternoon bowl and lunch.

Angus

55% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I went to this place and I thought it was really nice. They even gave me a tab for drinks which I paid at the end, I thought this was great because I didn't have to disturb my game.(I haven't tried the food yet, so I can not comment on that)

• Visited October 2013
Hey Cee C,

Glad you had a good time when you visited. Don't be a stranger - come and try the food soon!

Angus
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great Bowling Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The bowling section of this place is really nice and well done offering a great location for friends or colleagues to meet up and have a game whilst enjoying a drink - far far better than the normal LA Bowl type place.

We also ate in the restaurant bit and whilst the food was tasty and enjoyable the service wasn't great. It was far from busy and yet had to wait ages for someone to take our order and then for the food to arrive. If this had been better I would have rated it as good.

Visited November 2013
Hi Chris,

I'd love to get your opinion on the service if you'd visited again since November?
Perhaps you could drop me a line if you have or intend to visit again in the near future?

We're constantly trying to improve our standards so as always, any feedback would be really helpful.

Best wishes,

Angus Pride

angus@allstarlanes.co.uk
Salford, United Kingdom
“Hit up the offers and enjoy the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Let's get this out of the way first: If you're looking for a cheap night out, look elsewhere.

Yes it may not be cheap, but it never pretends to be and as is the case, you get what you pay for.
Fantastic food with average portion sizes for similar venues. (Try out the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner offer!)
Great selection of cocktails (Definitely give 2-4-1 nights a go)
NEW lanes that are maintained to very high standards. (Give Groundhog (Mon)day a go for 2-4-1 bowling)

Again, quality never comes cheap. Tailor your visit around what offer fits you best and enjoy the night!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AllStarLanes, General Manager at All Star Lanes Manchester, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mr Shepherd-Jones,

Thankyou so much for posting feedback and I'm glad that you had a great time on your recent visit.
I'm glad to see that you've tapped in to our early week offers. "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Tuesdays" are proving really popular so I'm glad you've managed to exerience it!

Please do ask for me on your next visit so I can put a face to a name moving forward!

Angus Pride
All Star Lanes - Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great concept & fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to all star lanes last Saturday for a friends birthday, this was our first visit & I have to say I was pretty amazed when I walked into the place. Very retro and colourful and without screaming kids that you are normally used to in a low end bowling alley this is far from it, a classy affair for adults only. The bar had a great vibe & atmosphere, lots of people sat around the bar & a live DJ. We went to have a game of bowling first and the lanes are very snazzy. We then went through to the restaurant and had dinner where I managed to get the ribs for my main & had these amazing mac & cheese croquettes for a starter (the most delicious things I've ever tasted) the ribs were so tasty and the meat just fell of the bone, massive rack also. Definitely the best ribs I've ever had. When i made the booking I got asked if it was for a special occassion which I mentioned it was my friends birthday, my friend was given a birthday card with a cocktail voucher in which I thought was a really nice touch.

The people above are being a bit OTT and harsh as all I ever hear about the place is nothing but great things. There is no need to get so angry because of an out of stock item, it's a big enough menu so plenty to choose from. My advise to veggies, STAY AT HOME bloody fussy moaning buggers!

All star lanes, we think you rock!

• Visited October 2013