“Superb Sunday” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 1,709 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary, Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Combining modern touches with the history and heritage of Mr Cooper himself, whose house and famous gardens sat on the site back in 1819, Mr Cooper's House & Garden is set to offer a multitude of different dining settings under one roof. Bringing his 2 Michelin-starred expertise to one of Manchester's most iconic sites, Mr Cooper's House and Garden is the second restaurant by Simon Rogan at the iconic Midland Hotel. Serving diverse, European cuisine in a unique setting, many ingredients are sourced from the restaurant's own farms, dotted throughout the lush north England countryside.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Superb Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Visited with friends. Welcomed into bar and enjoyed a cocktail pre-dinner - very tasty and beautifully presented. Lunch was yum, enjoyed the three course Sunday set menu - extremely good value for money at just under £20 for three courses. Couldn't quite fit in the entire dessert unfortunately as a little heavy for me after a roast but everyone else seemed to manage okay! Only thing that let the place down a little was the amount of time it took for any drinks we ordered to arrive - can understand with cocktails but not with bottled cider or soft drinks. Also I fancied a glass of wine with my main but no one came over and asked if we wanted any more drinks after our starter we had to try to get the attention of someone and it took a while. But all little things really, overall would visit again and recommend the Sunday lunch!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Went here for our wedding anniversary. Couldn't afford the French restaurant and thought this was the nearest we would get. I'd booked for the pre-theatre menu, my wife loves a deal.
The place looks good, certainly better than it did previously and we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff.
The food was very well done and tasted really good, although the portion sizes were a bit small. Fortunately we had ordered 3 additional sides to share, which at £4 each I felt were a bit pricey but they were good. We had three courses which in the early diner menu weren't badly priced. I'm not sure I'd want to go a la carte.
We were surprised as our children had a arranged for a bottle of prosseco to be served, which made my wife cry. The staff were extremely pleasant and the service couldn't be faulted.
Would I eat here again, yes but probably only the early diner - I just can't see spending so much to eat, but the food is good.

Visited July 2014
Md
“Don't go. If you want good food and service find it elsewhere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The place is well decorated but after that forget it.

Despite the food being pretty well done and tasty, the huge disappointments of service and the fact that the VAT is not included in the prices (with no indications anywhere) annoyed me so much they can shove it. They even have the prices on the wine menu that are 25p less than what they actually charge (small I know, but illustrates how messed up they are).

Service was awful - the waitress barely looked at our table. Asking for wine with the main meal, she did not return until we had almost finished. And desert - just to get the menu again took 20 minutes. Certainly not deserving the 10% they automatically add to the bill!

I completely forgot that the food was nice, despite the place- but not great. It does not match any Michelin, or even the un-rated restaurants in Washington DC, Volt (Frederick), Quay (The Rocks, Sydney) etc. Over priced, under performing.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Manchesters best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Love the place, ticks every box, casual friendly & attentive service, great interesting menu, impeccably cooked food, & surprising good value for money.
10/10

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Not bad but only ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

i have visited here on 2 occasions but my sencond visit was no where near the same standard as my first visit. i had booked the table through the bookatable app for a special offer for 7.30pm (this may not be accurate.) We were running a little late so phoned to let them know and a few minutes later they called back to say that the offer ended at 7.45pm but there was no mention of this on bookatable. We arrived at exactly 7.45pm and the receptionist smiled and commented that we were just in time. When walking us to our table i heard the manager (or who i thought was the manager) tell the lady that we had to order immediately so when we sat down we quickly decided what we wanted. I thought that it was quite rude of him to announce this to everybody in the surrounding area, a nice quiet telling to myself and my partener would of sufficed. Ther service we recieved from ur waitress was amazing and the food was delicious but there was not enough of it. We had a 3 course meal and then went home to order a pizza as we were still very hungry. On the 1st occasion we visited i remember that the portions were quite small but i left feeling like i was going to explode. Brilliant service and foos, just very small quantities. Wouldnt stop me going back though.

• Visited July 2014