“A real find - great little bar with friendly atmosphere and amazing cocktails!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apotheca Bar

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My partner and I came here a couple of weeks ago one evening after we had been out for a meal. Hidden away in the Northern quarter you could easily miss this place. It's a small bar but the atmosphere is brilliant - all of the staff are very friendly and happy, and the music they play is brilliant - gives the place a very happy and friendly vibe. The cocktail menu is extensive, and have good measures of alcohol in them. Their happy hour deals mean that they are excellent value too - we certainly sampled quite a few! The bar lady gave us a table service this visit, bringing the drinks and card machine to our table - a very nice touch which we really liked. We've been here a couple of times now, and can't wait to go back again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derby, United Kingdom
“Gin lovers heaven, good for other tastes too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I am a gin fan so loved this bar, the staff are well educated and are able to talk about the different brands and flavours. Lots of other drinks and choices for other tastes too. We had a light bite whilst there food was very nice too. We visited day and evening and enjoyed both visits,

Visited March 2014
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Finally found it and it was worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been meaning to find this place for ages but always ended up drifting down to Spinningfields. Never again! This is now my favourite bar, the cocktails are amazing, I found the barman charming, and the music was great, you know you've struck gold when Carl Perkins is on when you walk in, closely followed by Black Sabbath, really good mix of friendly people. Loved it.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Good but maybe bar staff could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I enjoyed this bar whilst staying in the northern quarter I had researched this was one of the bars to visit. It was a Sunday night when visiting and was very busy, the beet root gin cocktail is divine and would definitely recommend. The bar staff are a little impolite but I have worked in bars and understand how it can be so I can't really blame them. Definitely worth a visit whilst in the northern quarter,

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester
“First timer here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Fabolous place. Came on a monday and heard there was an event downstairs. There was a newspaper laying about, which even had an article plugging the events headliner. I'm sure I've seen him before and him and his band played a great set that had the crowd grooving.

Great service and clean toilets. Thank God.