“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Overnight visit to Manchester to watch the football with my husband and 16 year old. Did not really want to share a hotel or have two rooms so booked a two bedroom apartment here.
Good location for the station.
Nice accommodation with a large main bedroom and en suite and a separate bedroom and bathroom.
Very clean, tidy and well appointed with supplies to make a welcome cup of tea.
Decent breakfast in the morning.
Nothing not to like or recommend.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here on Saturday for a Hen night with myself and a few friends and i can honestly not fault it, such a great place to stay and staff are very polite, plus the apartments are huge and very modern.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for offering us a 5 star review and delighted to read that our apartments were a great place for you and your friends to stay. I hope we have opportunity to extend another friendly welcome the next time you are all visiting Manchester. Thanks again.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We booked 2 apartments for a hen weekend.
We had to downsize 1 apartment prior to arrival and staff were more than accomodating.
The staff were more than helpful and early check in was possible with 1 apartment.
We had pre payed and then I used my card for the £100 security ( which I think is normal but does take up to 7 days to be refunded)
The 6 bed apartment was huge. Loads of room (Room 203)
My main quib being the showers werent that powerful and it could do with a revamp. It wasn't spotless but was adquate for a hen weekend.
Overall location was great, close to Picadilly. Free wifi. Didnt eat here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for offering valuable feedback which I will share with our housekeeping and reception teams. I am pleased that we were able to assist with early check-in for 1 of your apartments and that you experienced accommodating and helpful service during your stay. We will certainly check the water pressure in the shower and thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from a nights stay in the place apart hotel, we were there on a hen weekend, location was good, staff helpful, we didn't eat there, but we did have quick drink which was a little pricey but it is city centre, a little noisy at night with other people coming home, but as its apartments for large parties I sort of expected it. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience and I am pleased that your apartment was nice and spacious and that you would stay with us again. I hope you all enjoyed your hen celebrations in the city centre and look forward to extending another warm welcome in the future.
Southport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great apartments if a little tired but the staff are the worst. I used to stay here a lo years ago and my recent visit reminded me why I stopped. The bathrooms ie showers need replacing as they are rubbish. Parking great as is location for Manchester. I've not eaten here

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am sorry and concerned to read your comments and would like to fully understand where we let you down in terms of our staff. I have written a message to you directly to follow up on this. Please may I assure you of my best intensions in contacting you directly.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

At the start I thought I was on to a winner with these apartments they looked fantastic!..I booked one for a hen doo I arranged Wen i booked nothing was said about any sort of deposit the girl on the phone was very polite and I explained we were haveing a live drawer come also so would it be possible to check in early at 2.30 she said she would write a note I pe payed for the brides part of the room..when the day came one of the party members turned up earlier and was greeted with a very rude man at the desk that abruptly said that we would not be in our room till at least 3!i arrived about 10 mins later and he seemed to be fine with giving us our room early (strange why he was so abrupt with my friend 10 mins b4) I then gave him £120 cash so at this point they had £190 of our money but then said he would not give us our keys until ALL the money was payed and wanted a credit card to take £100 off as deposit for damage!which I refused to pay as the other girls would be paying Thier own way!...after him not once greeting any of my friends with a smile and walked away as i was talking to him I was fuming!...eventually tho a family member payed for it in her card which I wasn't happy about but he said that he would take it off once the girls came and payed how ever they wished! I have never had to do this in any hotel I have ever stayed at!..the actual apartment was great but was a little shabby tbh!..the metal piece under the front door was lifted so the door wouldn't shut and also a massive safety hazard! and the plug sockets in the 2nd bedroom where positioned in such away that u could t get plugs into them!..the phone to reception did not work so wen we wanted to order food we couldn't we had to go and find a member of staff at which point I found the 'manager'..he came to see what my problems were and I told him all my complaints and all he did was tell me he would have a word with the person at reception but then accused Pple smoking in the room and that we would be charged!! If they look at the cctv they will see we only smoked outside! So actually he was just as disappointing! The food came £30 for 2 pizzas which I find disgusting!then b4 we left for our night out we asked if it were possible if we could have an extra key as one of the girls was getting picked up early but no they couldn't even provide us with that! we were offered no compensation for the stress that the staff had caused us and payed the best part of £400 for an apartment in that condition!...It such a shame as they are in a great location and they are a fantastic size but lack of maintenance and bad people skills let them down and I would never recommend them! I have never wrote a bad review on anything but I can't let go the way we were treated!

• Stayed April 2015
I am saddened and very sorry to read this feedback. Whilst my friendly and professional team always strive to offer a high level of hospitality and service, I do need to add some clarity to a few points raised. Room deposits are never taken from any guests account nor taken or held in the form of cash. Funds are simply marked as ‘reserved funds’ and this is cancelled at point of check-out. Whilst this is an industry standard practice, I understand it may be cause of alarm if you are not fully aware and we will look to ensure that we communicate this more clearly when guests make an initial booking. Damage caused to our apartments when guests are found to have been smoking will always be challenged and charged for if we deem appropriate. Smoking in our apartments is against the law and in breach of our hotel policy, which we take very seriously. Your apartment phone had unfortunately been unplugged – we are unsure how but perhaps whist the furniture was being rearranged by your guests. When we attended your apartment, this was the reason established and communicated with you that reception could not be contacted by phone. Evidence of smoking with cigarette butt end on the floor, cigarette packet and lighter and strong smoke fumes in the bedroom was also discovered and challenged at the same time. The food ordered was 2 x £8.50 pizzas with a range of additional specified toppings which increases the price as detailed on the menu card. We clarified the £3 additional service delivery and the total cost was under £30. We genuinely apologise if we failed in all of our attempts to communicate and please you during your stay with us. Please may we assure you of our very best intentions at all times and we wish you all the very best.
BLACKPOOL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel room was clean although tired and need upgrading although the price does reflect this in my opinion. We stayed for 2 nights at £125 per night which you would pay more for better quality in Manchester city centre. Restaurant, bar area and general areas clean and smart. Staff very helpful. Walking distance to all major shops and restaurants and Piccadilly train station.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience and taking the time to offer us feedback about our great location and clean, smart facilities. I will share your comments with my helpful and friendly team. Thanks again.

Been to The Place Aparthotel? Share your experiences!