“Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #580 of 1,760 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Expo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I didn't have the opportunity to eat here, I came in seen there where no staff around. I took a seat inside and seen two members of staff just pottering about and I was really unsure as what to do? So I ended up leaving after being sat down for ten minutes. There where no staff behind, just talking by the kitchen very arkward :-/

Visited April 2014
Hi Jade,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Firstly,may I just apologise for what sounds like an absolutely terrible introduction to Expo Lounge. Please rest assured that is not a true reflection of the service levels that we are aiming for. Whilst our style is "Self Service" at the Bar, it is absolutely down to the team to make you feel welcome and ensure that you understand this. I am sorry this did not happen. Having only just started in the business, I am currently looking for ways to improve our service offering and would love the opportunity to discuss your experience in a bit more detail. If you would like to contact me directly on 0161 448 2141, I'd be happy to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Expo Lounge, Didsbury

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Do NOT eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Awful service from the minute we walked in. It's not clear whether they come to the table or you order at the bar. It turns out you order at the bar but we were only told this after sitting at the table for 15 minutes.

Next, the food. Don't bother with the tapas. For £8.95 it's a bargain, however, it's a bargain I would've avoided. The prawns looked like something Kerry Katona advertised 3 years ago and the grilled mozzarella balls tasted like those rubbers you had on your desk at primary school.

Will I go back there? Definitely not. The tables were dirty and a girl was walking round with a filthy cloth swilling the dirt around, contaminating table to table. In a nutshell bad food, bad service and dirty.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Expo L, General Manager at Expo Lounge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I'd first like to apologise for how slowly we've responded to your comments. We've undergone a wholesale management change, and I've taken the comments on here rather seriously. I'm sorry for the experience you had when last you came here, and would love to invite you back to see what changes we've made. If you'd care to pop in, or perhaps call, I'd appreciate the opportunity to show you the kind of service we strive to give.

Cal Johnson
“Small portions for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Decent setup, menu was fairly wide with some innovative creations like Mac n cheese hotdogs and chorizo with chimichurri on a burger! However the burger was pretty small with even smaller chip portions. The quality was good but for the prices should really be offering a bit more food. Drinks not cheap at nearly £4 for large pot of tea! Staff attentive, would go back, just be more generous!

Visited April 2014
Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback! It's always a pleasure to hear how well our kitchen and front of house team have done in making you feel welcome! Loungers prides itself on its training and it's also great to hear that you got to see this in real time and that it did not take away from your experience. I will certainly be sure to pass your feedback on to all involved and look forward to welcoming you back to Expo soon. Feel free to say hello when you next pop in, it's always good to put a face to the name!

All the best,

Expo Lounge, Didsbury
Manchester, UK
“First time here....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

And really enjoyed it. Came in with my wife and young daughter. There are games and colouring to keep the little one entertained. Really nice atmosphere and varied clientele. We had brunch and a few coffes that all exceeded our expectations, the baked ham, spinach, poached eggs with a truffled Hollondaise was spot on, with my wife's smokehouse hot dog getting demolished!

You could tell that there were a couple new staff that got both improved in the short time we were in! But considerating how busy it got, whilst training, the more experienced staff never let it show and were professional throughout!

Can't wait to come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bad experience at lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Came at lunch - it was very busy and they only had two staff on. Clearly not adequately staffed for busy periods which meant long waits at the bar to get a drink. Food was rubbish - we shared some of the tapas. Chorizo came in what tasted like a sauce made from bovril or marmite. Halloumi was dreadful as well - small pieces with a lot more courgette than cheese. The brunch is good here but the tapas and main meals are poor quality - Wetherspoons is better. Nice place to have a drink though, which I imagine is what keeps it going.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear DJsage,

Thank you very much for taking the team to share your feedback with us.I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with both the service and quality of food when you dined with us recently. As you can imagine, it is always disappointing to hear guests leaving unsatisfied with their experience and we work continually to improve our service and food offering based on feedback like yours. I would be happy to discuss your feedback in more detail if you'd like to contact me directly either by email expo@theloungers.co.uk or by telephone on 0161 448 2141.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Expo Lounge, Didsbury.