“Quirky restaurant, tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 1,709 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, English
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right in the heart of Manchester's Northern Quarter, this is a great place to recharge your batteries after browsing the many great shops in this part of town.
“Quirky restaurant, tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited Pie,insisted after buying the book and were not disappointed. The delicious home made offering was delightful, mum had Heidi Pie and my daughter and I shared a chorizo scotch egg, sausage roll and a Greek salad. Everything was fresh and tasty, they'd even managed to get the egg runny in the middle of the scotch egg. We even took a take away home for hubby!

Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place - good food and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Always wondered about Pieminster and decided to visit for lunch one week. I ordered the venison pie with the mothership deal which included mash, minted peas, grated cheddar, fried onions and gravy. My husband got a chicken and tarragon pie with mash and gravy. Both the pies were yummy - chunks of tender meat in them. I must admit I expected the crust to be better, perhaps more buttery/ crumbly but I have had alot worse. I would also have liked the sides to have been hotter, but the whole combination was tasty. It's a cute little quirky place and the array of pies was mouthwatering. Due to the small size of the place, and the close proximity to other diners, it did get a bit noisy at times, but it had a nice cosy feel to it. I must say the staff were really nice and service was very good. Would defo like to return to try the other pies! YUM!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Inverness
“Piefection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Partner and I were in Manchester for a couple of days and found Pieminister through Trip Advisor. It was quite close to where we were staying so we thought we'd give it a try. The pies are great value for money, and was just a good size. We asked for a couple of things that weren't available, but the staff explained that they'd had a very busy weekend (we were in on a Monday evening and as we were leaving we noticed a sign that had been put up in the window stating that they'd be closing early due to being so busy over the weekend). Would definitely nip in again next time we're back in Manchester.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome pies! Great gravy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Simply brilliant. Popped by for a quick lunch. Excellent homemade pies. The orchard pig apple juice was also tasty. Thanks! :)

“A wonderful little gem hidden away in the very heart of Manchester.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard a few good things about this place so I decided to go for an afternoon lunch for my birthday. There were six of us and we were sat straightaway.

The waitress that served us was lovely with a beaming smile. She was never afraid to jump into full conversation with us which we found was very welcoming. Our drinks order was taken and came very quickly and they even gave us some free popcorn, while we waited for one of our friends to arrive (which was blue cheese flavoured - amazing!).

There are a good selection of pies on the menu - ranging from your classics like steak and kidney, chicken, through to the 'moo and blue' which was steak and blue cheese - my choice. There are also good vegetarian options like the goats cheese based pie.
Once you've chose your pie you get to choose which side you like - Mash, mushy peas, crispy onions - they have the lot. Alternatively if you're feeling hungry or adventurous you can go for the 'mothership' in which you get all the sides included and stacked neatly like a tower (this I of course went for and did not regret). You also get your own personal gravy boat which is a win in my book. ^_^.

So all in all food amazing, service amazing (even the chefs behind the counter were smiling and laughing) and a great atmosphere. Will most certainly be going back - in fact I might go today as typing this review has made me very hungry for pie. :-).

HIGHLY recommended.