“Lovely place, good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #232 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely place, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The artisan was an interesting building. The booths were nice to sit in and the lighting gave it a really calming and private atmosphere. The food was different and nice. Good sized meal. A little over priced. Wouldn't recommend the pork crackling. The leg of lamb and chicken mains were lovely and the orange chocolate moose made the evening. Lovely cocktails! Ladies toilets are great.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Restaurant has a real buzz and great night out , menu is eclectic and it's possible that some people will struggle to find something that excites them, our group had no such problem though.

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Wednesday evening for the first time and it all started off pretty well - we got a great welcome upon arrival and I was impressed by the decor and atmosphere as it was lovely.

However, their food was such a big letdown and certainly not worth it's pricetag (and we had 20% discount too!).

To start off with we ordered scallops - these were the tiniest scallops I had ever seen and the dish was barely lukewarm. Also we had mackerel pâté which was served with something that looked like a toasted naan bread which was stale.

For mains, my friends gammon was so incredibly salty - she gave me a piece to try and I couldn't even finish that off because it was so salty.

The dessert and cocktails were nice (although it was served with wilting stalks of mint!!)

Would I bother again? Probably not - it's a shame as the restaurant itself has a lot of potential but really needs to sort out its standard of food which I believe is below par from what I would normally expect from a Living Ventures chain.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chorley Lancs UK
“The noise is enough to send you mad!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I went on a Sunday evening at about 6.30 p.m.so the restaurant was far from full. The very strange music that was played was so loud it hurt your ears and though I complained nothing was done. I also had to complain about the fact that my beef burger was raw oozing blood when I had ordered it medium to well done. The manager did deduct it from the bill but that's not the point. I felt for the staff who did everything they could to to make our visit a success but were let down by the kitchen and the people who select the music and determine the volume it is played at

Visited October 2013
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Nothing special ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate at Artisan last night with friends. The welcome was warm, if not a little pretentious. The food was quite filling and heavy, nice but not brilliant. The atmosphere was good, quite upbeat. All in all we enjoyed it, but wouldn't rush back.