“Very pleasent evening with lovely food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very pleasent evening with lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Thank you to the people who wrote their reviews, especially James's and Lindsay b and Harris 0 who have the right to express their own views. I have eaten here with family and nothing is to much trouble for the staff and the food is delicious, and not at all over priced. I would recommend this establishment, but as for the quotes about being Beirut and a dodgy place how rude to the people who live in Clayton I have lived here all my life. yes there has been changes to the area some good and others not , yes with all the regeneration going on with the new manchester city academy it does look a bit untidy come back in12 months and see a different place. I agree bookings should have been notified as 100 miles is a long way to come to be disappointed if you are ever in manchester for whatever reason please go there you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reddish, Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic Italian hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've just got back from a fantastic meal here. We went for my mothers birthday and the staff were fantastic. Really helpful and friendly. They made my 9 year old niece a star shaped pizza and didn't charge for her dessert. We had tapas, a couple of main meals, assorted sundries, drinks and they even brought out a birthday cake for my mother with the whole restaurant singing happy birthday. All for £69 for 5 adults and a child. The food is of an excellent quality, fresh and prepared exactly to your liking. Numerous people were turned away whilst we were there so I'd advise booking beforehand. The restaurant is a 5 minute walk from the Etihad and whilst it doesn't have the views of St. Peter's Bassilica, it's situated in Clayton, right at the heart of city's rejuvenation in the area! the food more than makes up for it. I'd recommend it to anyone. Forget your posh restaurants in the city centre with their over priced menus and average food, you get more than you pay for here, I cannot recommend it enough!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely disappointed - Manchester's No 1 restaurant - really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked a table here for last Sunday after reading all of the positive reviews on here. My partner and I travelled a total of 100 miles and were very much looking forward to the experience. At this point I really must echo the points set out by the previous reviewer who had travelled from Preston: I find it unbelievable how no-one has commented on the fact that the area in which the restaurant is situated resembles Beirut circa 1990. In addition, the place does not look like a restaurant, it resembles a takeaway, I cannot comment on the food or decor as, due to an "electrical problem" the restaurant was closed. At no point did I receive a telephone call informing me of this despite booking earlier in the week, instead there was just a handwritten note in the door saying "very sorry". Not as sorry as I was for booking a table in the first place!

I understand that the proprietor doesn't have a website for his business, but would it really have been too much trouble to inform people of the closure on their facebook page? After all, the proprietor has informed people that the business will be closed for refurbishment in July - something which, in all honesty, looks to have commenced a month early - it will be interesting to see how long the electrical fault takes to rectify, at the time of writing the business is still closed.

After looking at the facebook page, it'd clear that we weren't the only patrons to be let down in such a manner, I would take the fact that this is Manchester's number one restaurant with a very large pinch of salt.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very clean GREAT food well presented and very tasty not the cheapest place, but well worth the cost. Never been disappointed with my experience here.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“very pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a really pleasant evening at Bruno's last Friday,extremely friendly staff,really nice food and a very enjoyable night was had at an incredibly reasonable price,highly recommended and will definitely be returning

Visited June 2014