“What an amazing place this is” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What an amazing place this is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

where do we start, we went on the satuday morning for breakfast it was absolutely delicious, we went back the following day for tapas and pizza and pasta - again absolutely delicious, and we are back thre again this evening , this place is a absolute must, and we cannot reccomend it enough,and Bruno is brilliant nothing is too much trouble , he will be seeing a lot of us thats for sure !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Visit NOW!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Visited Bruno's another few times after our first visit. Stuck with the tapas and pasta/ pizza deal when we went back for dinner. Tried the salmon and asparagus pasta which was delicious - the sauce is so tasty, I wish I could make that at home. The tuna pizza had a nice and thin crust. Another time we had the ravioli with prosciutto - I didn't taste alot of prosciutto in it, but my husband enjoyed it. My fave of the tapas is probably the prawns - love the spicy sauce! A number of times the calamari was not available so we went for the meat dishes which were OK, the meatballs tasted a lot better the first time round. With the number of visits we made, we finally managed to try desserts as well - we were stuffed but couldn't resist! Tiramisu and cheesecake were both very nice and the complimentary panna cotta we got was delish as well. Tried breakfast another day (we have to go in for lunch one day!) - very hearty serving and the full breakfast comes with tea/ coffee, so great value. There were 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of black pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomato, 2 slices of toast and homemade hash brown which was lovely. The breakfast was very well cooked and really no reason to go anywhere else if you want a fry-up as a pick me up in the morning!! The only gripe from the above few visits was sometimes the food we had at dinnertime tasted a bit lukewarm and I found a string on the ribs we ordered as part of the tapas menu. Otherwise, the service was attentive and excellent as usual and we have always been made to feel welcome. Bruno's seems to be getting busier and better known - it wouldn't be long before you have to make a reservation in advance to get in!! Try out this little gem before it's too late!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Dined here yesterday lunch time with family and friends. The food is absolutely gorgeous, way above some of the over priced so called Italian restaurants in the city centre. Bruno is very attentive and worked hard to ensure our experience was a good one. It was packed out when we were leaving about 4pm and I'm not surprised. My daughter and I shared 6 Italian style tapas and a 12" inch Pizza, all for £12, it was worth every penny, every mouthful was delicious and authentically Italian tasting.
I have rated it a 4 because the surroundings are not fantastic, but hey, that might be how Gino manages to keep his prices low, the food is definitely a 5+. Can't wait to go back for more!

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant hidden away in Clayton just around the corner from the National Cycling Centre. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to notice it was there, I had probably passed it by about a hundred times! They serve very tasty but simple Italian food which is really good value for money: pizza, pasta, Italian style tapas and great coffee. Bruno is a fantastic host and very welcoming, he even remembered me from my first visit. I can't wait to go back!

Manchester, UK
“Brilliant place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from eating here for the first time. Food first.. We had the meal for 2 which consisted of a 12" pizza and 6 Italian tapas. £12. Yep, seriously, £12. It was all delicious and I was satisfied after eating my half of the tapas - all very generous portions. I still managed to eat half the pizza because it was yummy and hot and gooey, yet crispy. After reading several reviews about the lemon cheesecake, decided to split that too and do not regret it at all. Incredibly tasty. I am hoping to go back tomorrow evening! Add a coke, a latte and a large wine and our meal only came to a little over £20. Amazing value for wonderful food.
Bruno seems like he is very happy to be doing what he's doing and that come across in the service and food. Beautiful photo murals of Italy on the walls and Venetian masks bring even more Italy into the dining experience. Tables and chairs are 'cafe style'.
We did not book but others who came in after us had done so - might should do on certain days. They also do takeaway.
All in all very happy with this place and hope to re-visit often.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere