“Could have been better!” 3 of 5 stars

Le Ville Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   38 - 42 Canal Street, Manchester M1 3WD, England   |
Ranked #39 of 117 hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Could have been better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed in Le Ville Hotel around a week after opening. Apparently it is taken 2 years to get refurbished from an old hotel. Everything was brand new. Fascilities in the room very good (more than you would expect from a 3*hotel). Very comfortable bed. Very good location in the centre. The receptionists were all very nice and friendly. On the down side some shortcomings due to the same reason of being new. I arrived late at night, extremely tired,cold winter, the room heating was not working! Reported to reception, it took ages till he spoke to his manager and after 30-60min waiting gave me another room! The first room hardly had any window (littel one at the top as it was lower ground and the second one window was opening to a brick wall a meter away.) TV not working in the 3 days period of my stay and they couldn't fix it, though I was out till late all 3 nights so didn't really matter for me. When I got in the lift for the first time, the door half closed and stopped! I played with the bottons and restarted. Didn't dare to use it again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Conwy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Just had a nice stay in the LeVille Hotel in Manchester, but as Im a hotel receptionist myself for the last 6 years Im probably abit more critical than most!

Arrived at the hotel and checked in quickly - there wasn't really much conversation which was a shame but never mind and then went to our king room - which we booked for the king size bed.

The room was a little on the small side but as we weren't planning on being in the room that long that wasn't too much of an issue but the bathroom was lovely with loads of tea and coffee which was nice, however there was only one plug socket in the room - abit of a pain when two people need to charge phones etc. the bed which was supposed to be king sized was actually two twin beds so there was a huge gap down the middle when we went to sleep causing abit of back pain in the morning - I know to make king size some hotels use zip and link beds but because it was still two separate mattresses it was pointless booking the king if I'd have known I would just have booked a normal double.

We were woken up by a window cleaner at ten to 8 in the morning the first night as he sounded like he was trying to break in rather than clean but for very early risers I'm sure this isn't a problem - also our room had an adjoining door into the next room which the guests kept tryin to get through at 1.30 in the morning the second night.

The front door locks at 11pm but we came back at 9.30pm and it was locked the first evening but just knock and they will let you in so not a problem.

For what we needed the room was comfortable enough and modern - few issues with the wifi in that even though it's free there was never any signal in our room but maybe that was just while we were there. I would have mentioned all this on check out but noone asked how our stay was they just took the keys back.

It's a lovely hotel and nice and modern and I'm sure it will be very popular once it gets going properly :) but if we come again ill probably just book a standard double room.

• Stayed March 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Good points:
1. Fantastic shower.
2. Central location

Bad points:
1. Immediately upon arrival, requested a non-street facing room due to other reviews. Reception staff unprepared for this and did not know which rooms were not steet facing. Had to go back down to reception to change the room.

2. Second room smelt of fried food for the duration of my stay. Windows facing extraction system of premises next door.

3. Every time you want to get back into the room the key card doesn't work. On one occasion I had to go back to reception twice as there are no phones in the rooms.

4. Room was either too hot or too cold.

5. Reception staff on the way out were too busy talking to even ask if I had a pleasant stay. Just took my key card!

Despite the location, rooms should be priced at no more than £30 per night. Why pay £50 when you can stay at the fantastic hotel Mercure midweek for only £6 more! That is exactly what I plan on doing next week!

• Stayed March 2013

Craven Arms, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped for one night. We were very happy with the price, location and facilities that came with the hotel. The hotel is clean and tidy. The staff on reception were superb. The room is a little small but we didn't intend on spending hours in the room apart from sleeping so this wasn't an issue. The shower was lovely, plenty of toiletries complimentary. Tea and coffee and biscuits in the room were most welcome. We were happy with the location and enjoyed the short stroll to the train, metro and into town for a meal and drinks at night. We were a little concerned when e music started up at a nearby club at about midnight but to be honest we fell asleep quite quickly and it didn't bother us during the night. The bed was comfortable.

newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a last minute booking with booking.com for £34 on a Friday night the first week the hotel opened. We have stayed in and around this area many times before as we like a night out on canal street at least once per month, this was a good price for a Friday and decided as it is new to give it a go. We paid for a small double room. We ended up in a basement room which was very compact yet extremely clean and was very nicely done out. I loved the shower room decor and the shower was very powerful .You don't need to take too many toiletries if you don't want to as shower gel shampoo etc. was available and a good quality.Nice fluffy large bath towels provided. Lots of tea and coffee condiments provided and also a small hairdryer came in useful. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly to. The only downside that we found was that the room was extremely warm as it didn't have a window that could open and it may be a good idea for the hotel to provide a desk fan like the days hotel nearby have to help with this. No breakfast available but there is no problem with this as there is a wetherspoons very close and does a nice cheap brekki.We would stay again as the location cannot be beaten for going out on canal street yet as the rooms are very small I think I got a good deal but wouldn't want to pay any more for the small double room.

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Le Ville and enoyed the experience. The Hotel had only been open a few days and there where some minor teething problems {such as the "state of the art "door locks were not quite working correcting } which were quickly corrected. The staff where young enthusiastic and polite. The decor is minimilist,modern and attractive. The bathroom was shower only but well laid out and functional.
The huge bed was superb and I had the best nights sleep I have had for a long time.
The room was small but for a short/business stay at a very reasonable price it represented excellent value for money.
The hotel does not offer breafast but there are many places in the immediate area which offer good breakfast's at cheap prices.
I stayed in a room which fronted onto the street [which is well known for its hectic nightlife] and I would advise anyone wanting a peaceful sleep to book a room which is inward facing.
I would stay there again and am sure the hotel will be successful.

Room Tip: See my comments above about noise in rooms which face the steet.