“Their Web site is misleading” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
manchester
“Their Web site is misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went here with friends 17th August. One couple had been here before and had recommended it.
On arrival, the restaurant was closed and we were taken to a table in the bar area. On questioning about the restaurant, we were told it had closed a couple of weeks ago. The chef was still there, but the menu was totally different. Our friend, who had made the booking, had not been told about the closure of the restaurant.
It was very difficult to have a conversation because the music in the bar was sooo loud. We are more mature clientele and didn't enjoy this very much.
The food was ok, but nothing you can't find in any other pub/bar.
We thought we were going to a nice restaurant and have a pleasant evening catching up with friends. We were very disappointed.
It needs to update its website and also explain to people when making a booking, that the restaurant is no longer open.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
Manchester
“Would not honour the booking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Booked the living social deal at this venue months ago for this Saturday night, just rang to confirm the booking and been told it is no longer valid as they have changed their name. Customer services was very poor, the female who I spoke to in the phone was rude, unhelpful, and could not be bothered.

Visited July 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Hard to find”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner had a Living Social Voucher for a 3 cource Carvery Meal for two, bought for his birthday, after some dificulty finding this place (now know as Shack) we were seated quickly, and soon the bubbly arrived, we were informed of the soup choice (wasnt one) Veg and a roll with butter, this arrived shortly and we were instructed to help ourselves to the Carvery when we were ready, there was a choice of three meats, Pork, Gammon and Beef, as all three meats were over done (for our tastes) we thought it might not be so good, how wrong we were, there was plenty of taste in all the meets and carved as thick slices served with potatoes, mash and roast.......veg was Cauliflower Cheese, Carrotts and Peas, all cooked very well and very tasty. After the bubbly was finished we were not asked if we whould like more drinks nor were we offered water......I had to go to the bar and ask for this myself......The sweeets were fab,with about 6 choices, some kind of lemon cake which my partner had, Chocholate Fudge Cake which I had and it was very good, I had to ask for cream, as they said "had run out" I had to get them to send out for some, when it did arrive I was able to enjoy my desert.....it was such a large piece that I was unable to finish its, hame really as it was very very good..All in all the food was good, the service should have been better,both waitress and bar.......... both sets of toilets were very clean. The music wasn't Jazz just a young man with a guitar and a mike, he was so loud we had some dificulty in talking over Lunch, were told the "Jazz" started @ 2pm until 5pm, it actualy started at 3.30pm until 5pm. We moved to the back of the room to enjoy our coffee's, and the music wasn't quite so loud... As the voucher was a gift I cant commet on the value for money........we would go back (but only on a voucher...save money) as we had an enjoyable lunch which took us about 1 I/2 hours, we were not rushed and we stayed on to watch Andy Murrey go on to win.....some of the seeting was in what seemed like cheep vinal........not our sort of thing but the paintings on the walls of stars from all walks of life were great.......James Bond got my vote....

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Appalling Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Tried to book a table having purchased a voucher - totally disinterested - cant imagine how bad it would have been if we'd managed to get in! There are many more better options than this in Manchester

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oldham
“ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the worst place I have ever been to. I bought a voucher on the Living Social as my husband had always wanted to go to a live jazz bar.We struggled to find 'R Place' as it had changed names to the 'shack' which we had not been told about.
I though this was value for money as it combined a 3 course carvery and live music.
We booked our table for 2.45 ready for the music to start at 3pm as advised on the phone, the music was actually in full swing when we arrived and stopped around 3.10 and we never heard it again, just the juke box and not Jazz. The carvery was dreadful, I had a chicken piece??? not carved but a portion, the mash potato was lumpy and absolutely no thought to the veg of peas and carrots.
All in all we were there just under an hour for a 3 course meal.
Avoid this like the plague!
I have had to select a rating but if they had a rating of '0' I would had chosen this one.

• Visited June 2013