“You get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The venue used to be the old blob shop many moons ago, the place has been tarted up, it is nothing to write home about. We used a woucher costing next to nothing. The starters are not very nice but the main meal is great. Plenty of meats and fish all fresh and tasty. The service was good, the staff work really hard and all were polite an smiling. I really can not complain we had ample amounts of food for 10 pound a head. This place is was it is cheap and cheerful!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Newcastle upon tyne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is a Bar and it is called fiddlers Three I was there with friends the food was lovely I had the scampi because I do not eat meat but the do a steak and wine evening for £19.95

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wowcher Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went Saturday afternoon, service was good, food lovely and it only cost £13.00 for the 2 of us. Will be going again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wigan
“Wowcher deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant last night as I'd purchased an offer on wowcher, around £12 for 2 all u could eat main meals. First impression of the restaurant wasn't good, shabby lobby full of litter. We were seated and given menus, only to be told the starters displayed no longer served, but we could order either soup, meat dumplings or spicy chicken wings. We ordered a wings, which weren't at all spicy, served with no dip, also ordered a beef dumpling which was actually a deep fried ball!
Mains were better, enough choice of meats & sauces with helpful recipe guides on the wall if you're a bit unsure where to start.
The place itself lacks any sort of character, I think another reviewer described the place similar to a seedy lap dancing place which I would have to agree with!
I would say it was good value for money with the voucher we had, but I wouldn't really recommend the place, Manchester has a variety of lovely restaurants; this place couldn't compete in my opinion.

Visited June 2013
Manchester
“Nothing very Mongolian about it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went to the Mongolian Grill in Manchester on Friday night on a groupon/living social type deal. The voucher wasn't expensive, so we weren't expecting much, but thought we would go just to try something different. We booked in advance as we had a voucher. Turned up and a waitress took us to our seat, and came back quite soon after to ask if we had been before, explained how it works and took our drinks order. The decor is a bit dated, but the restaurant was quite busy - which made me feel a bit more comfortable!

We ordered additional side dishes of the spicy egg friend rice and singapore noodles. The egg fried rice had nothing spicy about it, lacked flavour and was really dry. The noodles were just plain boiled noodles ( i had expected something more like the side noodles when you get a Chinese, with beansprouts, soy sauce etc..) and were also dry and tasteless. When queuing up for the grill I also saw the 'chef' getting the pre-cooked noodles out of a large plastic box (that you would generally use for filing) to heat them up... not overly appealing!

With the voucher you were able to go up to the buffet as many times as you liked. There was a choice of tiny prawns, some fish, squid, and then meat wise there was chicken, turkey, lamb, pork and beef. The lamb did not look very appetising - really small chunks with lots of fat still left on... I had some of the beef and turkey which were ok.

Sauce wise... I can't really see what is Mongolian about it... Sauces ranged from Soy sauce to Arrabiatta (which is Italian...?) Thai curry sauces, sweet and sour, satay... didn't see anything that would scream 'Mongolian' at you (I have been to Mongolia before so was intrigued to try this place...)

There were also an assortiment of vegetables such as onions, peppers, broccoli, water chestnuts, mushrooms...

Depending on when you get up for your food, it may be the only meat on the grill plate or there may be 15 other people waiting, so all your food is cooked simultaneously, put into a plate and put on the side for you to take -mine was almost taken by another woman as no one really knew where theirs was on the grill!

When we tried to pay, we asked our waitress for the bill. 25 minutes later, it still hadn't arrived, and the waitresses seemed to be busy filing papers or something by the cash desk. We decided we would just go up and pay at the till. We went over and said to our waitress that we would like to pay (the same waitress who said she would bring us the bill). She asked us if we had the bill, and we said no, it hadn't been brought to us and we had been waiting for a while. She looked flustered and a bit irritated, and said we had to go and sit back down and wait for the bill to be brought to us. 15 minutes later and it finally arrived.. I wasn't going to wait for her to take my money so we went over to the cash desk and paid.

Overall, it was ok value for money seeing as the voucher only cots me about £12 for two of us, but I won't go back, and I won't be recommending it to anyone! ALso, not sure what the value for money would be like if you were not on a voucher - the grill menu had some small print saying if you wanted to go back for second helping, there would be an additional charge, plus the side dishes are extra.

• Visited June 2013