“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #477 of 1,718 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An all day New York inspired eatery & bar serving Manhattan's interpretation of international cuisine alongside bespoke cocktails.
United Kingdom
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The actual restaurant is nicely decorated and quite calming some how. A little different with living room chairs, but it worked.
The staff has got this right! Quick to see if they were needed,always near. Very friendly and humorous.They actually look you in your eyes when they speak to you! Thank you for that.
The food was very nice/very good. They didn't have one or two dishes but we were told when we arrived, so we didn't become disappointed.
The drinks recommended were spot on.
A little loud in there, but we got a table a bit a way so was okay.
Price is both expensive and not, so a bit for everyone.
We will go again and recommend the place to others.

Visited April 2014

Stockport, United Kingdom
“rude waiter!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited Neibourhood restaurant 10/05/14 with my husband and 2friends. I had previously booked and had to pay £40 deposit to reserve a table. I then received an email to confirm my booking and it informed me that I could have the table for 2 hours, and if we had not arrived within 15 minutes of our booking time our table could be given away, they should inform you of this when you ring to book. When we arrived at 7:55, our table was booked for 8pm it was not ready and was asked to go to the bar area. We got a drink consisting of 2cocktails and 2pints of lager costing £27.00, the bar was very busy and cramped, with seating at the bar so hard to even get to the bar. The music was so loud you could not talk, not good in a restaurant. We waited 20mins before we asked if our table was ready, and was shown to our table. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Our waiter was about 27 not particularly tidy looking, with earplugs in his lobes, his shirt was very worn looking and he had pumps on his feet and lots of tattoos, all this for a restraint that insist on a Saturday night on a "strict"dress code. Whilst he was taking my husband's order he asked how he would like his burger cooked,my husband asked for it well done. To which the waiter muttered something and pulled his face. He took our order for starters and the one I chose was sold out, I thought this was poor for 8:30 on a Saturday night. Our staters came very quick. I had the lobster tacos which were very nice,but was not a taco it was a tortilla. My husband had the chicken lollipops, they were very small and there was only 3, they were overpowered with garlic. Each starter was around £12_13, overpriced for the amount. For mains I had lobster Mac and cheese, this was very nice but not much lobster in it. My husband said his burger was nice but nothing special. We had to ask for a wine list as our waiter did not ask if we wanted one. We ordered a bottle of wine, and we had still not been given it when the main meal came so were left without a drink for quite a while. There was not enough time between courses, as the mains came almost within 5 minutes of our starters being finished. We felt rushed. Although we enjoyed the the evening I don't think I would rush to go back.

Visited May 2014
Waterford, Ireland
“Average Food Average Service for Above Average Prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We ate here on the Sunday night of the May bank holiday. I booked it over the phone and was told that it would be a set and brunch menu that night and the music would be LOUD and it sure was! We were ok with that. However when we turned up at the entrance security told my husband that for future reference his canvas pumps were not acceptable attire. My husband was dressed in an expensive shirt, blazer, jeans and dark navy casual runners completely smart attire for any other restaurant we've been to !
The food took forever to arrive although in fairness our waitress was very friendly. We ordered bread, wine and main courses expecting to be nibbling on the bread and sipping our wine while we waited for our mains but literally everything came together at the same time. There was no cooler for the wine which was not cold enough at all.
The music was so loud we had to either scream at each other or sit in silence. It could have been easily turned down a decibel of two and I think their clientele would have been a lot happier.
Regarding the atmosphere this place apparently has a reputation of attracting celebs -none there when we were there and I would not blame them.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Starters are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

8 of us eat here, everyone really enjoyed their starters, i recommend lobster tacos and 'crackle and pop'. The mains everyone described as 'average', nice food but not great. Wine and drink in general is expensive but then you are in Spiningfields so its to be expected.
The wine recommend was £62, and the cheapest wine was £38 a bottle.
The atmosphere is nice and modern but very pretentious, if this is your thing then its a nice place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The restaurant and bar at Neighbourhood is very funky and modern in terms of its decor.
However, it's also comfortable with plenty of tables in the bar area, as well as in the dining area.
The tables are well spaced out which, when coupled with the ambient buzz and background music, gives a good degree of privacy.
The food is very varied and tasty, starters are excellent for sharing, either for couples or for larger groups. Good selection of wines too, although not so much choice on the beers.
More aimed at cocktail drinkers perhaps?
Good choice for vegetarians at starters and mains and clearly an effort made to accommodate food / taste preferences as well as not to rush things ... Most people are there for an event dining, rather than on boarding some calories!

One thing which is slightly odd is that there are two entrances: the taxi drivers tend to pick up from the back entrance which is on a different street to the front entrance, so they may try to drop you off there too. Front entrance is on a pedestrian only alleyway.

• Visited April 2014