“Great Bar! Great Atmosphere!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #395 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: An all day New York inspired eatery & bar serving Manhattan's interpretation of international cuisine alongside bespoke cocktails.
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Great Bar! Great Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We didn't eat here but had a few drinks. The atmosphere was amazing, everyone including the bar staff seemed to be really enjoying themselves. Which made our night.

The area is really nice where the bar is situated too.

Will definitely be visiting again in the future.

“Great place and a welcome addition to Mancheter's dining options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Neighbourhood twice now and must say that I have been most impressed both times. The restaurant is lovely, really well decorated and part of the excellent "Tower 12" redevelopment. Service is superb and the mirrored tables are a nice touch.

Both occasions I've visited have been early in the day so I've enjoyed both the Lunch-menu Neighbourhood burger and the All day breakfast, both of which were delicious. After the burger I had desert, the breakfast was ate by itself, but on both occasions I've left slightly hungry. I'd therefore suggest that for those with a decent appetite, three courses will be essential. The ily coffee served is also delicious.

I'm keen to go back later in the evening to try the Dinner menu however I've heard reports from two people (one a business acquaintance, the other a friend), both of whom aren't moaners, that the music in there is far too loud. This certainly hasn't been my experience during the day but it will be considered when I plan my dinner visit soon.

One of my new favourite places to eat in Manchester, I recommend it highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Maybe good for drinks, not so much food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm interested by the mix of reviews here. Our experience was quite poor.
We arrived without a booking, and were first asked to wait ten minutes; all being very hungry when a table in the bar area was offered we took it. This immediately led to the first issue that, being out of the way, it was nearly impossible to get service. We waited so long trying to flag down a waiter or waitress that eventually we managed to pull over a member of staff lighting candles. I wonder that if she had not passed we wold have been waiting much longer.
There were a couple of issues with our orders (drinks forgotten, main accidentally brought out with the starters), but the larger issue with service was the long periods of waiting. Even when the bill was asked for it was over ten minutes until someone brought it over.
The starters incurred a long wait, and the mains even longer (admittedly this may be because they were re-cooking the sliders they brought out at the wrong time), which particularly seemed strange as it was well after lunchtime and there were few others eating.
This, of course, could all be forgiven if the food was great, but it wasn't. The Chicken Lollipop starter was fine, but the Lobster Tacos wasted a great ingredient by smothering it in a thick batter, meaning they tasted of nothing but grease and a little lime. The Sliders were also fine, but the chips were a little burnt, while the Lobster Mac & Cheese was void of taste. The Boar Ragu, meanwhile, was over-cooked and dry, tasting of tomato and nothing else. Generally ad apparently similar to the decor, style valued over substance.
The bill came to the £70/80 mark; not bad but for the same price or less you can be fed and treated better elsewhere (e.g. almost everywhere in the Northern Quarter). Others who were drinking seemed to be enjoying themselves, so perhaps this is more of a after-work drinks venue. Maybe I would return to try that, but you won't catch us coming here again hungry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service and a nice addition to Spinningfields.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited Neighbourhood for lunch on a Saturday as we'd read good reviews and it was somewhere new to try. We booked a table for lunch without a problem.

We had a warm greeting on arrival and were shown table down some steps towards the back of the restaurant. At 15:30 on a Saturday and there was quite a buzz in the air, and the place was pretty full.

We were requested to be seated in a booth, which was a great spot for people watching out of the large windows. The service was quick and attentive, if not a little pushy at times.

I opted for a club sandwich and my partner opted for a salad, both of our dishes were delicious and will definitely be the main draw for us to return. There looks like there was some delicious cocktails on offer, but we both stuck to Asahi.

The prices were generally fine, and a light lunch for two came to around £35. However, considering it was lunch for a table of two a 10% (discretionary, apparently) service charge was added. Odd.

Overall we had a good experience, the place tries desperately hard to be somewhere and something that it's not- but that's what you expect in Spinningfields.

I would definitely eat at Neighbourhood again and I would recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Cosmopolitan venue for food or just drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Vibrant & lively atmosphere. Stylish venue - upmarket/opulent but relaxed feel to the place. We were seated down towards the bottom of the restaurant in a lovely round booth.

Shared the artisan board with friend for starters - would have been too much to have to self - very tasty. Hubbys had the scallops & lobster tacos - both very tasty too.

Main courses - 2 of us went for the fillet steaks - cooked to perfection, one for the hamburger & one for the chicken thighs - all excellent.

Deserts - the crumble & box of donuts - delish !!

Presentation of the food was stunning throughout. Service top notch without being OTT. Cocktails were excellent - different to the norm - but they're happy to make the more traditional favourites if desired.

A tad on the pricey side, but high quality & would definitely return. Only slight spoiler was that the music was bit on the loud side for so early in the evening and hampered conversation slightly. But any venue that plays old school Talking Heads gets a massive thumbs up from me !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere