“New menu but just as fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

0161-839-4423
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Annies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #487 of 1,825 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, English
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“New menu but just as fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Came tonight with friend I'd been with before. New menu - Can say without reservation that all we sampled from new menu (black pudding, prawns, duck, steak and kidney pud) was sublime. As always Annies is the full package, food, service, ambience and valu

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Little Hulton, null, United Kingdom
“birthday celebration meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

the food was really good but the new waitress messed up on the starters and brought another tables starters to us the main meals were OK but you didn't really get a lot for the money you paid. we had to ask twice for the bottle of wine we asked for and then had to wait about 20 mins to half an hour for the the bill we asked for several times i just thought the service in there was really bad considering most places i have been to before where it has been really good also met Jennie's partner and her father really nice people didn't have to wait long for the table that we pre-booked already

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We visited Annies on Sunday 17th Nov, I e-mailed that morning to book a table for Sunday lunch for myself and my parents.
We arrived 1.30 and we where shown to our table straight away, after looking at the menus for 10 mins we asked the waiter if we could order drinks, he arrived back 10 minutes later with a bottle of water, 1 bottle off beer and a coke ( nothing too complicated that would take 10 mins) the restaurant wasn't busy approx another 5 tables, we placed our order and waited , and waited, and waited!!!!
The chap who served us asked on another two occasions if we wanted more drinks, we asked him to chase up the two starters ( again nothing complicated ...just 2 soups) the soup arrived we had to ask for cutlery, no butter for the cold bread rolls...
Soup was removed and we had to wait again for our main course, 20 minutes later we asked how long our food would be? The same waiter went to check and came back saying wouldn't be much longer, we where offered a complementary drink to which we declined as we just wanted our food (again nothing complicated 3 roast beef dinners) finally our main course arrived, lukewarm, very average, the veg was rock hard, the dinner had gravy on, but it looked dried up,rather that send it back, I asked for a jug off gravy, and the chap who served us said I will need to check the the chef... Why.?
At the end I did tell the lady who seemed to be the main charge hand, she was very apologetic, and gave us some gift vouchers to return another time....
We won't be returning, I was extremely embarrassed as I took my parents here for what I hoped would have been a special for lunch, also all waiting staff men and women should have their long hair tied back.... Very poor!!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overpriced awful food with awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was taken here as a surprise by my relatives for my birthday. Upon arrival, the main waitress seemed rather snooty and demanded to know if we had a reservation. When we told her we did, she looked at us disapprovingly and begrudgingly took us downstairs. Low and behold, the place was essentially empty. We ordered a Bellini cocktail. It eventually arrived flat and rather weak. For starter, I ordered the Black Pudding with Poached Eggs, my family ordered other dishes. The waitress brought over two dishes, we waited for the rest, and waited, and waited. They didn't arrive. I asked my family to eat their dishes while waiting for the mine. Eventually one of the staff came over and apologised, saying there had been a mix up and we had been given another table's starters. She asked if we were ok waiting for the remaining dishes. Sometimes you forgive mistakes like this, but only if the food is excellent and the service genuine in their apology. Neither was the case. When my starter eventually appeared, by which time my fellow diners had already finished, my food was very disappointing. The salad surrounding the black pudding was limp and tasteless and the poached egg was watery and the yolk an rather in appealing slightly yellow colour. As for the mains, they were small portions of cheap food. I had the steak and kidney suet pudding. The suet was dry and tough, and the inside was tasteless and dry too. The wine was overpriced supermarket dross and the overall experience was a real letdown. I would not recommend this place to anyone. We also had to wait nearly 35 minutes for the bill. Worst restaurant in Manchester.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and very disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husbands mum booked us a table here to celebrate his birthday. We ordered prosecco cocktails which were flat when they arrived. The starters were tasty but arrived at different times. The waitress did apologise saying her colleague was new and got two tables mixed up, which we didn't mind. The unforgivable factor was the poor quality food. I had fish and chips which were terrible, I think the chips were frozen and the fish batter was disgusting, really oily. Interestingly the man next to me left all his batter too. The meal was not cheap and I felt really sorry for my mother in law who had saved up to take us.