“Lancashire Hot Pot as it should be” 4 of 5 stars

0161-839-4423
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Annies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #417 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: English, British
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lancashire Hot Pot as it should be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best Lancashire hot pot I have ever had in a pub or restaurant. Mostly restaurants overflavour it or put lots of veg or herbs in which is not proper hot pot. Annie's hot pot is melt in the mouth meat and crispy potato slices on top and leaves you wanting more.
Staff: very friendly and welcoming.
Environment: cosy and dark.
And: we were a large group and they coped very well.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“lovely food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to Annie's, came with 2 friends and requested a table and seat on the ground floor as my friend could not manage the stairs. the staff here are more than accommodating and very helpful, they are not pushy and come across as genuinely friendly. I went to have a look downstairs and the manager took time to show me around without trying to push me into booking anything. This used to be the old conservatory bar and they have turned it into a lovely cosy bar/restaurant upstairs with some more cosy seating downstairs with a classy restaurant feel. It has been quiet on both times that i have visited but im sure with time this will gain more followers. the food is fabulous, probably slightly more than you would pay if you just wanted a snack on a sat afternoon shopping but for a meal you cant go wrong.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, UK
“Lovely meal, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We eat out in Manchester a lot and somehow this place had slipped beneath our radar until now. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar before being shown to our table, our waiter was really friendly and the service overall was outstanding. The food was excellent too and reasonably priced. A great addition to the Manchester restaurant scene, I've already booked to go again!

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“10/10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The best hot pot I've ever had. Hubby had the lamb shank which melted in the mouth. Great place, great food, and great service. Definitely be back soon. Quite fancy the afternoon tea or the Sunday lunch. Thanks for my first Manchester tart. Fab.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedlington, England, United Kingdom
“Spot On”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went down to Manchester for the Bank Holiday and wanted somewhere to eat over the weekend, found this after searching on internet, what a stroke of luck.
Originally we'd wanted the Saturday night, but times we asked for were fully booked, so booked a table for Sunday night, only to realise later that our timetable wouldn't allow it, so phoned back up to rearrange for the Friday, no problem for an extremely polite & helpful guy who took the booking.
After looking at more reviews we realised Annies was owned by Jenny McAlpine & her partner.
Anyway, we were greeted by Jenny's father, really nice chap who made us feel very welcome & showed us to the bar area. Service was excellent with very friendly & polite staff. After sitting for about 10 minutes, Jenny came over & introduced herself, what a lovely down to earth lady, we couldn't chat long as our meal was ready.
My starter was the salmon & potted shrimp, this was really nice, our mains arrived in good order, mine was the chicken, black pudding & leek pie, my wife had the steak & ale pie, both were piping hot & absolutely delicious. The portions were more than enough, I like my food & there was plenty for me, my wife couldn't actually finish her's as she was full.
On leaving, we were met on the way by Jenny, her partner Chris & her dad, they took the time to chat for a good 10 minutes, really nice people.
All in all a great experience, good location & atmosphere, nice surroundings. Laid back live music. Plenty of choice on the menu, good honest food.
If we go back to Manchester, we will definitely revisit Annies!