“Outstanding! ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #925 of 1,643 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bringing a slice of Italy back to the building that housed Manchester's first Italian restaurant, Avalanche is also inspired by the fine dining establishments of Paris and Monte Carlo. Introducing an Italian trattoria concept, Avalanche conjures an authentic Italian vibe. Masters in fish and seafood courses, the Avalanche menu boasts fresh halibut and lobster. Boasting a stunning chandelier and sleek artwork, Avalanche is a spacious and high class eatery.
“Outstanding! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Manchester. On every occasion you are greeted with a warm smile and made to feel welcome. From front of house, to bar, floor and kitchen every member of staff is polite, warm and well presented including a smile! The food is outstanding, and after visiting numerous I am still pleasantly pleased at what a lovely evening/afternoon I have. Highly recommended Italian restaurant! :) 5*

72% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just eaten at this restaurant for the first time. Having looked at the menu on line beforehand and seeing the prices I assumed it to be a really classy place. The noise was literally unbearable - so much so, it became impossible to hold a conversation with ones table companions. The garlic bread, on a pizza dough base, was barely cooked and any resemblance to garlic bread purely imaginery given the lack of garlic butter.

One of the four at our table had red snapper cooked in a cream. Not only were there small bones still within the fish, there was also a piece of blue kitchen roll. Said fish was returned and no alternative ordered. Thankfully this dish was not charged on our final bill.l

Another of the four at our table had steak and so called chips. The latter were stacked, all four chips, which tasted as sad as they looked.

So, no we won't be visiting Avalanche again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Food, Great Restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Whenever I look for a restaurant I always look at Tripadvisor, I live in Manchester so no real need for me, but I was shocked at the lack of responses for this really great Italian gem. I feel very lucky to have the pick of some of the best restaurants and I have to say that Avalanche is well up there with the best. I have been lucky to have eaten here a few times now and it never fails to impress on the quality of the food and excellent service.

I booked for Saturday night and the first table I could get was for 21:15, and walking through town other restaurants were busy, Avalanche was packed and we had to wait about 20 minutes for our table, as diners were very resistant to leave, and really who could blame them. The staff here always make you feel like you are one of the family, and more of a passion than a job, this is also thankfully matched by the food. There are only a few restaurants where I will try different things on the menu and this is one of them, and never been disappointed to try different things.

So if you are looking for a great Italian restaurant that is reasonably priced but does not cut corners on quality and service, then I can highly recommend Avalanche.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

A good place to eat! Food is very nice and menu offers lots of choice. The service was excellent as was my meal. Will be returning

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester
“Great First Impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I didnt know this was here until a colleague recommended it.

Quality refurbishment with nice surroundings, good atmosphere, and good friendly service.

The kitchens are visible to customers and appear spotless, with good cameraderie evident amongst staff. A nice touch of authenticity with Italian speaking waiters also adds to the experience.

There were 10 of us and we received a large plate of appetizers (complimentary) which started the evening well and then the chosen starters and mains did not disappoint; meeting and exceeding expectations across a variety of dishes. Timing between servings was just right and kept the evening flowing.

Prices are pitched at the right level for the food, service and atmosphere and I will not hesitate to come back and plan to return soon with hubby in tow.

PS: For those who are partial to bubbles there is a Champagne Bar! Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food