“I must agree with Allan L's review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #650 of 1,825 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Fusion, Halal
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: SAFFRAN restaurant at The Trafford Centre is pleasantly located in the quiet area of the booming shopping mall. It’s in The Great Hall, which makes for a peaceful sit-down dining experience away from the hustle & bustle of people walking out of the shops and fast food joints.Our philosophy is to serve amazingly fresh and delicious food while sticking to a practices of making sure every single dish is as healthy as possible to reach goals of healthy lifestyle and overall well being. Our Tandoori clay oven makes our food just iresistible. Even Andrew Parkinson, a valued member of the Jamie Oliver Team visited SAFFRAN and got introduced to the concept and food. To make a long story short he was very impressed and in his own words “SAFFRAN is nothing but amazing!”
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I must agree with Allan L's review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went this place with a friend.........I must say I was interested in the food (not something I would normaly go for) we were seated by a very pleasant lady with a nice smile and given menu's to peruse.........then we were approached by a young man by the name of James, asking if we had been before (my friend had but not me) I was was dithering of what to have James made several recomendations to us and also pointed out that if we had the lunch menu (2 for £9.95) it would be better value for us both, this we did and ordered a bottle of wine!!!! (well no one was driving) we had to start humus and olives (£1.00 extra) both with warm flat bread and the mains were chicken Skewers with salad and flat breatds (warm on arrival) ......really good and tastey with non at...........how amaizing and very healthy...........our wine was kept in the fridge as all the wine coolers were beining used (not a problem) the food wame out very quickly and with no fuss, service was also very good and at no time were we rushed and we had a happy hour or so while we dinned and caught up with the gossip.......... all in good surroundings.........James was very knowlagable and also good at his job. I came home to my partmer and raved about it, will take him there (if he 's lucky) ..........its neither cheap nor expensive but I believe it's an average price to pay .......but well worth a visit..........our bill was justy over £37 for the two of us and we felt that was ok.......would highly recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“AWFUL!!! AVOID!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went to the Trafford Centre with the wife and kids to eat and, having walked past Saffran several times in the past wondering how the food would taste, finally decided to eat there.
Wish I had walked past again.
The staff were pleasant enough but the food took a good 45 mins to arrive.

I had ordered the Master Beef Burger with sides of rice and salad.
The burger, which I had been looking forward to, was simply a tasteless, dry lump of mince. At first I thought i was mistaken in thinking that it was awful and tried a second bite only to confirm I was right the first time.
The rice, badly underdone and not far off being raw.
Salad passable - it would be difficult to [--] up a simple salad.

Wife had Saffran Chicken and Red Onion on a Spear - no sign of a spear > essentially grilled chicken and that was it. Bland!!

Kids had the Safflat and super power chicken > safflat basically pizza with chicken > passable, super power chicken > grilled chicken and not much taste as with the Saffran chicken special. The rice with the super power chicken - same as mine: badly under cooked

Someone has written "Nando killer" - what planet are they living on???
Some of the worst food I have eaten.

Someone has asked "Why is it so quiet here?" and the answer is - The food is cr*p.

If you want chicken, Nandos is a few yards away. KFC is not too far either.

For burgers that you would want to eat, there are several outlets.

If you want to eat rice, try Shere Khan, they know how to cook rice.

I will not go there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a bit unwilling to put this on as people might decide to go and I won't get in again. The food was excellent and plenty of it. Not a big menu but what they do they do very well. Had a starter and a main each with my partner and we couldn't finish it all so took some home for later. Only down side was £2.50 ish for a cup of tetley peppermint tea.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flixton, United Kingdom
“Nando killer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Me and my wife were doing a bit of last minute shopping decided to get a bite to eat in the trafford centre and we must have walked past about 6 restaurants in the food court and each one we said "don't fancy that" then we both agreed to a well known brand called nandos and decided to head towards nando's direction. We looked at the queue at nando's and there must have been around 20 different individual parties waiting to be seated. My wife and i both decided not to wait but we caught sight of a medium size yellow coloured restaurant on the ground floor by the food court doors called "Saffran". I thought lets try this one. Upon arriving at the entrance of the restaurant itself I had a strong feeling that this would be a very mediocre meal as it feels a little unfriendly and corporate ran. We were greated by a young lady with a big smile who asked us politely on whether we have been here before?. She then sat us down and told us that it was a healthy eatery using no salt and oil etc. I thought "omg", corporate, heathly, NO...... We ordered the mixed chicken and lamb combination with rice and salad. And "OH MY GOD" (I got this bit right) but it was 'oh my god the chicken and lamb was minding blowing the marinated spices are up there with the best restaurants ive ever been too. Why are people still going and queuing at nando's. the man in charge called "Wes" displayed amazing front of house charm (I should know because I've been manager of a successful restaurant for 14 years). He was also very polite and insisted that we download the Saffran App on our smart phones as we could get further discount when the bill arrived. FANTASTIC. All the staff looked genuinely helpful, happy and when we left all staff including kitchen staff thanked us said good night. Wow what service. Everyone should try to eat here because I've eaten all over the world and in the best places from 3star michelin hotel George V to the late world trade centre restaurant. And let me say this, the lamb and chicken was up there with the tastiest dish I have eaten in my 40 years. best restaurant in the Trafford centre. Nando's???? Dont even bother. Well done to Wes and the team for the amazing food and unparalleled service. One of the most memorable meals I've had in years. Bloody good job guys.

Visited August 2013
“surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Husband and I were wandering around looking for something to eat not sure what and came across this little place and we were pleasantly surprised. We chose the tandori mixed special for two with the tastiest lamb I've has for a while. It also came with 2 types of chicken, with the peri peri being excellent, salad and brown and red rice. Along with being a super tasty meal everything is healthy too, no white flour, no white sugar and no salt (they use soy instead). Definitely gonna go again as I want to try a naanwich. It looks quiet but its a little gem, yum. Oh and the staff were really friendly and welcoming, you definitely feel a valued customer and not just a number like some of the big chains you Get in the TC

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere