“One night Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly)

You added Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly) to your Saves list
Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly)
72 Dale Street, Manchester M1 2HR, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Douglas, United Kingdom
“One night Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

At £40 per night for the room close to Piccadilly Station and shopping area, this proved great value for money. Room was clean with a double and single bed - tea/coffee making facilities - good value breakfast - no problems whatsoever. Noise was minimal for a city centre location - recommended.

Automated check in but still three staff present to ensure it went smoothly so I'm not quite sure what the point of automated check in was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
NickBabrovskie, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly), responded to this review, June 25, 2013
It is great to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, thankyou for taking the time to share your comments. i look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from the night of the 16/06/13- 18/06/13.

The car park is right opposite the hotel so not too difficult to find but please be aware that you will require cash to pay for the car park. It is £8.00 (discounted) per day (which you can't fault for city centre parking) and you pay on arrival at the car park rather than in the hotel. You must state that you are staying in the Premier Inn to achieve the discount.

We checked in online and all we needed to do was collect our room keys. Our friend met us at there and the hotel staff were very helpful in allowing her to stay next door to us.

Breakfast is optional and you can either pay online when you purchase a room or you can ask the staff at a later time- it really is whenever suits you.

You get 30 minutes of free WIFI per day (you can use these 30 minutes throughout the day as long as you turn the WIFI off of your device) and then £6.00 for the whole day which you pay for online or at the check in desk.

Please note that if you are moving to another Premier Inn hotel as we did- the WIFI is not just for one hotel so you can't have another 30 minutes if you move hotels.

Our room was spotless, neatly presented and very tidy. Our room also had air conditioning which helped as the weather was quite humid!

I particularly liked the fact that opposite the bathroom was an area whereby ladies can do their make-up. The surface had enough room for ladies to put a make-up bag and various other cosmetics.The mirror was directly opposite you so you didn't have to bend down to see and there were lights inside the mirror that made it easier to style your hair and put make-up on.

I thought the bath was very high off the ground but I managed it ok. I am sure the disabled rooms have easier access to a bath.
I will say that I also found the bath to be very slippery. I was only there for two nights and realised that I should have asked for a bath mat (the staff informed me on check out that these are readily available).

We chose to eat breakfast nice and early the next morning and it's a 'help yourself' buffet. The staff were very friendly in the breakfast room and made every effort to introduce themselves and talk with us.
I remember there was someone called Dave and Jamie but the gentleman that spoke with us on the morning of the 18th- I cannot remember his name but he was equally as charming and pleasant to speak with.

The breakfast is exceptional. For £8.25 you can eat an unlimited 'Premier Breakfast' which includes all of the continental dishes as well as the hot food, or you pay £5.25 for continental only.
The hot food was delicious. The sausages are of excellent quality (you can always tell a cheap sausage and this wasn't one of them!), the scrambled eggs are fluffy (you can also order boiled, poached or fried but I adored the scrambled- my husband had a perfectly soft poached egg), the bacon is well cooked without being too crispy and the beans are very tasty.

You make your own tea and coffee (Costa) which is fine as I prefer to make my own. Iced water and juice (Apple, Orange and Cranberry) are available too.

The mini chocolate chip muffins are a lovely addition to the breakfast menu.

Cereals, fruit and yoghurt are also available.

Overall I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel- the staff at all Premier Inns that I have stayed in seem to want to go above and beyond to help you. I would say that if there is anything that you require to make your stay more comfortable- just ask. They will help you (I should have done this with the bathmat but didn't think!).

The hotel is in a perfectly situated area of Manchester with the Piccadilly train station being just around the corner and a car park that isn't too far away.
It's in the city centre but tucked away enough to have a quiet night's sleep!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

nothing wrong with hotel or staff,in fact everything was very pleasent! what has angered me is the fact i got charged £135 when next week i could book it for £80 ! Im not happy to be ripped off just becouse robbie was in town! they should be happy that the hotel was busy and charge an honest price!

Room Tip: all similar !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a good one and that the team looked after you. Demand for the dates in question was obviously very high, and in common with most hotels our rates on the nights you stayed reflected this, however they still represent excellent value in the marketplace on the dates in question. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back for future visits to Manchester
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have stayed in several Premier Inns over recent years and this is by far the best.
The location is ideal for visiting Central Manchester.
We stayed for 1 night on the 18th June as we were attending a Robbie Williams concert so the hotel was very busy.
Having said that all the staff were very helpful and attentive, especially the reception staff who explained the best way to get to the venue for the concert and even provided us with a map and directions.
The rooms,as usual,were clean and comfortable and would definately stay here again and would not hesitate to advise others to do likewise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind comments concerning your recent stay with us. I know the team went to great lengths to ensure everyone had the information to get safely to the Robbie Concert - they will all be pleased to hear it was appreciated! Look forward to seeing you again soon.
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

we stayed here for just the one night for a local concert . check in was swift and carried out by a pleasant member of staff who was happy to pass the time of day with us . our room on the 6th floor was clean and spacious with plenty of tea making products . the bathroom was pristine with a great power shower and lovely thick bath towels . the room was quiet too . i would recomend this hotel to friends .

Room Tip: hi .gher floors are obviously quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to read that your stay with us was a comfortable one, I look forward to being able to welcome you back for future stays.
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a fantastic Premier Inn, very surprised that it was soooo nice! Staff were all excellent, hotel was spotlessly clean, food was really good, bar open till a sensible time - not a bad word to say!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

JOANNA P, OPERATIONS MANAGER at Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are committed to providing world-class service and welcome all feedback so we can ensure the commitment we make to our guests is kept and I will pass your feedback onto the team. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel's location was good for the mainline station, but this Premier Inn reminded me that everything's premier except the quality. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and safe, the breakfast was the worse selection of pre-packed, ready made, or over-greased foods I've seen. I cancelled breakfast after the first night there and spent my money in Starbucks instead. And someone should in my view teach the staff some customer service skills.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you didn't feel our Premier Breakfast was satisfactory. I will feed through your comments to our Restaurant team and ensure they address any quality issues. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should you find yourself in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester City (Piccadilly)? Share your experiences!