“A booking mix up” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Swindon, United Kingdom
“A booking mix up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I originally booked in to the Victoria Warehouse Hotel to the previous weekend. My original plan was to stay with my party for two nights but due to commitments I called to cancel one of the days to our stay earlier in the week. Upon arrival on Saturday I was welcomed by the manager on reception. I was informed that there was a problem with my booking and the whole stay had been canceled and has been re-booked and no rooms were left at the hotel.
Obviously my initial mood was not happy as we booked there purposely for an event next door @ The Warehouse Project and the location was perfect. However the Victoria Warehouse had organised accommodation at another hotel. All this had been sorted before we had arrived. A full refund was given and the nights stay at the other hotel for free with taxis to and from the venue free also.
I can't really comment on the hotel as I didn't stay but from what a saw of reception and lobby the style was unique and quirky. At the end of the evening at the Warehouse Project I entered the Hotel to organise a taxi home provided by the hotel. Was a nice touch when a member of staff personally escorted me to my booked taxi. All in all although I was disappointed not to stay the Victoria Warehouse Hotel, they did however compensate my stay more than enough in the end.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed at the Victoria Warehouse last night after visiting the christmas markets. Loved it! Original and funky. Really easy to find from the Metro. Friendly staff. The rooms are very basic and functional. Comfy bed, clean linen and a tv on the wall. The bathrooms are very funky ours was bright green and purple!! The only thing slight negative thing i can say is you can find yourself wandering around in circles as the layout is a little confusing. Will definately stay there again. : )

• Stayed November 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Victoria Warehouse hotel last night. It was booked by a friend of mine with a sense of humour, a good choice indeed may I add. Upon arrival we parked up and read a sign that stated 'plain clothes police operate in this area' felt quite safe leaving our old banger. Entered a vast space that reception has acquired and were greeted by two friendly members of the night shift staff. Our booking was made through LateRooms.com, they couldn't find it, issue was resolved immediately and to our party's satisfaction. We ascended the industrial staircase to room 117. Room was very basic but accomadted five guys perfectly. Toilet and shower, three bunk beds, no window but comfortably warm. The room was clean and above what we expected. After returning from an evening out, we enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep. The windowless room was perfect for peace and quiet. Shower was of satisfaction (I'm a plumber) and was nice and hot for the morning. Didn't have the breakfast, but checked out with ease. Would definatley stay again and have already recommended Victoria Warehouse. If you want no hassle stay here, if you want something five star then go to London.

Thanks again, WH Longley

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here with friends after a banging night at the Warehouse Project, I'm sure you get the idea as that seems to be the general theme here. Which leads me feeling the need to stand up for this gem of a place, I don't know of a similar set up anywhere else. To have a comfortable, friendly and relatively cheap place to crash after a tiring night of having fun, and on your doorstep is unheard of. There's a cinema, good music and the staff are more than welcome to chat away to guests regardless of what state they're in, and from a couple of instances I witnessed, it was a welcome retreat for some people who found it a bit much next door.

At the end of the day, it's a Warehouse in deepest darkest Salford, so on that note what some people seem to be expecting is beyond me. Maybe it should be renamed a hostel to keep some critics happy as it definitely carries the Asian twist backpacker vibe, but i personally feel that I knew exactly what to expect.

So there's no windows, no bar and no gym with heated pool, but if you want all those thing's then there's a million other places to stay that will tick all the boxes, but they'll likely be expensive, bland or too far away which kind of defeats the point. I think this spot is genuinely unique with great scope to become a very exciting place.

Warehouse Project finishes at new year but I can't wait to see what else goes on in this great venue/hotel set up during the new year.

Room Tip: there are apparently some rooms with windows which it can't hurt to inquire about
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I came across this hotel at 7pm on a Sunday night while searching online for a cheap & cheerful last minute place to stay for the same night.

After driving around the building several times (and calling for directions but getting no answer), I realised that what I thought was a 'car park' was in fact the Victoria Warehouse Hotel (could do with better signage). But upon entering, I was really impressed by the unique reception area (which is warm, welcoming and super stylish) and friendly receptionist (who offered to help with my bags).

My single room (with purple and yellow en suite bathroom!) was windowless (as advertised) but clean, warm and equipped with all you'd need for a night's stay, albeit in a minimalist fashion.

My only complaints = a strong smell of lemon grass in the room, no remote for the TV, no teaspoons for the tea & coffee, loud guests making noise outside my room at 4am, and having to leave for work at 6am the next morning I was too early for breakfast and when it came to leaving there was no one on reception and the front door was locked, so I had to leave through the fire exit.

Complaints out the way, I thought this hotel was good. It's well located for mediacity, has free parking and is great value for money (less than £40).

If you're open minded, you'll enjoy your stay at the Victoria Warehouse Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Loved staying here were from london and was bit worried about what atmosphere we'd get ...but this place was very comfortable good quirky atmosphere! and three lovely ladies on reception very kind!! would stay here again...

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was more than a little concerned about staying here since reading some of the reviews but after spending a night there I believe a lot of them are more than a little harsh. Yes there was no restaurant [other than for breakfast] and no bar but the website did advise this. To be fair, the website could have been clearer about there not being any windows in a lot of the rooms but is that such a bad thing? It's not as if you were missing out of a panaoramic view of Monte Carlo?

It's clean, the beds are comfortable, the linen's nice, the shower's good. It's also handy for the Metrolink into town [15 mins & £2.50], very handy for Old Trafford [if that's your thing] and it's getting major investment over the next five years. For £44.99 what do really expect - a suite at the Lowry?

In reality, it's probably worth three stars but I thought it needed a wee bit of a foot up given some of the recent criticism.

Room Tip: Ask for a window. There are some available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Victoria Warehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!