“Pleasantly average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've eaten here only a handful of times. The waiters are never great and service can be slow, but we've never had any major issues like wrong orders or anything. The food is just standard, nothing spectacular but not burnt or too spicy as some of the other reviews have stated. All in all you get what you pay for really, if you want higher quality go somewhere more expensive!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Nice little indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this place if your local. Been a few times and can't fault it. Foods always spot on! They do my favourite mango kufli. Great family restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner went here last night, waiter stood in doorway, didnt open door, was seated without any choice of preference, given a beer pint glass of warm coke, i asked was there jalfrezi hot, the owner who seemed not interested and in a rush said no its fine-not hot....which it was too hot to eat the food arrived just over 5 min of ordering which concerned me. The waiter stood behind me and passed all food over my head! left random on table for us to re arrange, i complained about the drinks and another waiter was very nice and changed them for fresh cold drinks, the food was awfull and what little i did eat left me with an off stomache for the night, greasy chips,chicken pieces-some hard some soft some with bits like skin/veins in...just wasnt good at all...and just to be picky the salt and pepper are in the wrong pots....only decent parts in there was the fish tank, nan bread and the 1 waiter (who changed our drinks) ...the ignorant owner should be ashamed!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
oldham, manchester
“Very poorly organised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night as a spare of the moment idea, didn't have to wait for a table and our drinks order was taken quickly....2 warm diet Cokes. We asked for two poppadums each which were ok and a mix of sauces. I then ordered a vege aloo channa, 15 minutes later i was brought a chicken tikka masala....i said i hadn't ordered this and 2 mins later i was brought a, ummm what i can only describe as a few chick peas in a very watery sauce, was by far the worst curry i have ever paid for! Would of preferred to have gone asda and got a bottled sauce. My gf had chicken achari and had the complain about the chicken being horrendously dry. Also the cost was quite unreal over 30 pound for 4 poppadums, 2 soft drinks and 2 Currys and 2 rice.

Overall very poor standard considering done of the great curry places around

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went as a couple to the Khandoker on a Saturday evening at 6:30pm. As we were the first people in their we expected a fairly relaxed and issue free meal. Unfortunately this was not the case.

Having initially ordered poppadoms our waiter (aged 40+ if management happen to take notice) proceeded to interject between my partner and I, apparently intent on placing a knife and fork on the table absent minded to the fact that 1 we were eating, 2 I had to lean back in order to accommodate HIM and 3 I am yet to ever need a knife and fork for poppadoms. As a side note these did not taste fresh.

For the starter we ordered the vegetable samosa's and tikka aloo. The former were fine however it is my experience which includes eating in India that tikka aloo is a mashed potato pattie mixed with various spices as opposed to the apparent tinned potatoes tossed in a generic sauce that we got.

For the main we ordered the vegetable balti and tikka mixed grill with madras sauce. The mains were an improvement on the starter but there was far, far too much oil used, to the point of masking the taste of the meal.

On the basis of these two we chose not to order any desserts. This meal was a real disappointment as we have been to the Khandoker in the past and have been really impressed, unfortunately based on this most recent experience I doubt we will ever return.

• Visited July 2013