“Great authentic taste!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great authentic taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went to eat at 'I am Pho' yesterday by a friend's recommendation and we were not at all let down. We wanted an authentic taste of South East Asia and this has to be one of the best if you're into noodles. All the starters tasted great as well as Pho soups enjoyed by my family. My minced crab soup with rice vermicelli was also a treat to my taste buds. Portions were so large that I had to carry some back home. You can easily share between 2 persons. Staff are friendly and efficient. We would definitely go there again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nottingham, UK
“Fresh, great value vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here because we really enjoyed eating at some vietnamese cafe-restaurants in London and were looking for somewhere similarly cheap and tasty to eat in Manchester. The Tripadvisor reviews we read were encouraging and I Am Pho did not disappoint. It isn't exactly a romantic, plush experience inside but we weren't bothered, as the service is very friendly and the food is really fresh, simply done and well cooked, like the great vietnamese places we ate at in London. it's a small menu but i don't think that matters when all the options are going to be tasty! We had a mixed pho and beef and garlic bun noodle dish. both were lovely, and about £7 each with generous portion sizes. if you like fresh food, great value and an unpretentious setting, this is for you.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Healthy, Fresh, Good Value - Pho is GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The restaurant is, by all means, not small.
Take a well hidden stair case in China Town and you have in front of you a very white almost clinical restaurant.

But the coldness of this restaurant stops there; you are greeted by very welcoming waiters.

Having Vietnamese couple of times before, I knew few dishes but I wanted to know what they would suggest.

The starters were astonishing. I do not want to describe more as words would not do justice. Get the waiters to recommend you... and prepare to be amazed.

The Pho was excellent.

Overall, it was a quick meal with my wife which turned into a nice date :)

I have recommended this place to three of my friends, they all loved it. Are you going to be next?

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“Fresh, healthy, nutritious, and simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I Am Pho is easy to find on George Street in the centre of China Town. A simplistic uncluttered and bright basement restaurant in a noodle-bar style. The staff are friendly, warm, welcoming, rightly proud of and knowledgable about the food they make. The food here is fresh fresh fresh! Healthy, nutritious and simply delicious authentic Vietnamese food that has been prepared and presented with care. The summer rolls were simply superb as was the dipping sauce and the Pho was wonderful and full of fresh ingredrients. Those new to Vietnamese cuisine, and who have tried it before elsewhere (and know of its reputation), must go and check this place out. Only open for 3 months, this is a truly authentic and excellent Vietnamese restaurant in the centre of Manchester, a long overdue and very welcome addition to the foodie scene. Highly recommended!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“A little piece of Hoi An in the centre of Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here twice since I first found this place a month ago and both times the food was delicious! The best pho I've had outside of Vietnam (beats Tampopo hands down!) washed down with your choice of 3 Vietnamese beers - what more could you ask for?

It's also very good value - about £25 for 2 mains, 2 beers and a starter between us.

Highly recommended!