“They must make a fortune” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“They must make a fortune”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Tasty selection of dishes, but no better than one could make themself at home.
Interesting business model of mainly low cost Ramens (Soups) and low cost rice dishes.
Over £5 for a (very limited choice) bottle of beer.
I would recommend eating here if you were on your own on business, as a low fat alternative to most restaurants. For the price this chain is a bit of a rip off, and relies on its high margins and high priced drinks as opposed to providing a fine dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Have you been here before?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Well, yes as it happens and ever since I was invited to the opening freeby many months ago. But for some reason I am continually asked that same question. Unfortunatley, the manager was not on duty tonight as he seems to be the only member of staff who both recognises me ,and shows any initiative in avoiding regurgitating the same question as you walk through the door.
Tonight, I found the female staff to be more customer friendly,and softer in their approach to conversation than the sharper male waiter who tried too desparately to be 'matey'. The food as ever is the draw to this restaurant and I enjoy the fresh quality of the food items that end up in front of me. I have never experienced delays, poor quality products or small portion sizes. The only problem is the staff drawing out the fact that customers are not recognised.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not the best Wagamamas I've been to...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I love Wagamamas. I have been to mutiple Wagamamas all over the countries in different towns and cities, and this Wagamama is without doubt the worst one I've visited. When I found out there was one right next to me I was so excited. Brought my boyfriend there to show off how good their food is. We were served quickly by a waiter with dreads, this waiter is probably the only good thing about the place. He was quick, courteous and was attentive to our every need. We ordered our food and drinks. Drinks came quickly. Food was about a 20 minute wait which was odd seeing as it wasn't even busy but nevermind. Food came, I'd ordered the same as always (pad thai), oh my goodness, it was the smallest portion I have ever recieved at a Wagamamas, at least half of what I usually receive. I literally finished it in about 10 mouthfuls. I was still hungry afterwards which I never usually am. Anyway, we visited them a second time in the hopes that the first visit was just a fluke with the food portions. This time it was even worse. Ordered our food, my food came within 10 minutes of ordering (small portion again). My boyfriends food however took 45 minutes to come out. I had already finished my food as it was going cold, my boyfriend had pestered the waiter who to be fair, had no idea what was going on as he seemed to be blanked by the chefs every time he went to question them about our order. In the end, the waiter had to speak to the manager who spoke to the chefs, it seems that they had forgotten my boyfriends order. The manager was great, said we wouldn't have to pay for my boyfriends meal and we'd get a free starter. My boyfriends food came 5 minutes later, huge portion of noodles but no meat. They'd obviously knocked up his dish so quickly they didn't bother making it properly. We didn't bother complaining though as my boyfriend was so hungry in the end, no wonder, he'd ended up waiting for an hour while having to sit there and watch everyone around him eat. All in all, service here is great, you never have to wait long, but the portions are stingy compared to the other Wagamamas.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Decent lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Together with 9 work colleagues, we walked from the office in Trafford Park to have a retirement lunch for one of them.

Nice atmosphere, good service and reasonable prices.

I had chicken chilli ramen and it reminded me of good memories eating Pho in Vietnam.

Enjoyable!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had dinner in Wagamamas on Saturday night, due to being more of a media workers hangout during the day it wasn't rammed. The staff were exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable about the food. The chicken and sweet potato curry was so good as were the prawn lollipops, the coconut ice cream - yum!

• Visited April 2013