“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was lucky enough to be taken for a drinks reception and meal during a conference.
The food was beautiful . Cooked so well.
I want to mention that every member of staff is so lovely. Kind,attentive and willing to help.
Well done.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Indonesian first
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I normally stay with my daughter when I visit Manchester, but on this occasion, my husband and I were meeting friends for the weekend. We wanted to stay as near Deansgate as possible as daughter lives there, so I chose this hotel.
I was able to check in early. Room very clean. Air conditioning not so good, but I didn't mention it until I left as usually it's still not cool enough for me.
Beautiful smell in the foyer and also loved the ice cold water, flavoured with lemon and lime in the foyer in the mornings - although there weren't enough glasses the second morning.
Staff all very pleasant and friendly.
Great location for shops, restaurants and bars.
Using the key card to go up in the lift was a little annoying, but gave you the reassurance of security.
Rooms great, plenty space. Loved the cupboard where the hairdryer was kept above the sink as you could put your toiletries out of sight. The toiletries spelt of mint, very refreshing.
Visited the spa - bit disappointing as there were no changing cubicles so you had to dress in the main area. Also showers didn't have anywhere to hang your towel -except on a hook in the corridor outside,so you had to come out of the shower to get it. It wasn't very obvious how to get to the pool from the changing room - we had to look around for doors. Pool nice temperature though.
If I need to stay in a hotel in Manchester I would definitely recommend there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed review. We appreciate all of your feedback and recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to the Manchester opera house, perfect location, perfect hotel. The staff Were really helpful and friendly, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments on our product and location, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Booked it on a discount site, got put in room 202 which had various faults .... Broken curtain on main window, filthy outside window, dust on top of headboard, tatty light switches, and damaged shower head hose. Was just quite underwhelming for what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel? Was annoyed by the maids trolley left in the corridoor all night overflowing with dirty towels too. Staff were however very good, no complaints on that count. I was with my partner who would not allow me to 'make a fuss' and get a change of room, so I didn't complain at the time and we were only there one night. Shame really, could be a really good hotel but poor attention to detail lets it down

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I was most concerned to read that you were disappointed with your recent visit. Please be assured that I have addressed all ths issues you mention. We have tried to contact you following the on-line survey you also completed so I would be most grateful if you could contact me at your own convenience.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Last time we were near this place we ate at Steak & Lobster. On this occasion I was with a few more guests for a 3 course meal.

Starters were good, great portion by the way. The mains were not too bad, dauphinoise potatoes were a bit too oily for my liking but hey opinions right.

The dessert was by far my favourite, not too heavy and just enough to say to your gut "We've hit that wall".

Service was impeccable, brilliant staff, kind & attentive.

Love the toilets that play oriental music as the door opens, not too sure why there was a reflective panel slightly above the urinal but I did find it amusing.

Have to come again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for this review of Opus One Restaurant and for all of your comments, we hope to see you again soon.
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The front of this hotel is located in a historic building. The bulk of the hotel however is in a new building cleverly joined to the historic front. The hotel's address is Peter Street which is easy to find and no problem if you are arriving by taxi. If you arrive by car you need to turn off Peter Street down Museum Street and follow the one-way system round to the reception area of the hotel. Valet parking is a tad expensive at £30 per day.
The concierge staff are always very helpful. There is a good spa and pool area however there are only three recliners, so can be difficult at busy times. All in all a very nice city centre hotel ideally located, recommended.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review and recommendation, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Barrow-in-Furness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was the second time I have stayed at the Radisson Blu, and yet again a very pleasant stay. The staff were very helpful, our room was lovely a nice comfortable bed, very clean and we had a free Easter egg as it was an Easter special that I booked. The hotel is very handy for shopping it is very close to the shopping centre, and not too long a walk from the railway station. We had breakfast, there was an excellent choice a lovely buffet or you could have ale cart. I would stay again when next in Manchester.

Room Tip: I have only stayed twice the first time was a city view room, which was excellent, very quiet, and t...