Radisson are a well know brand, and the Manchester is no exception. Booking is very easy on line or via the smart phone app. On arrival, check in was smooth and efficient. The reception staff were very polite and helpful. I had a room on the fifth floor, and this was fine. There is very little noise from the city and the hotel is located close to the shops (including the Arndale Centre) and city centre. It is easy to get to from the airport (about 20 minutes in a taxi) and again easy access to the main line rail station (Manchester Piccadilly). The rooms are comfortable and have all the amenities you would expect, including 24 hour room service. There is a “Steak and Lobster” restaurant, and this ‘does what is says on the tin’ – they serve steak and lobster! It is good value, but might not suit everyone if they want a more varied selection. There is a second restaurant in the hotel for those, and this has a conventional al la carte menu. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the food is good. In the lower floor there is a spa. This is excellent, and I made use of it for an afternoon. Again, the staff are helpful, polite and friendly. There is also a swimming pool and gymnasium down there.
Breakfast is served in the main restaurant, and if everyone arrives at once, then there are not enough tables to accommodate everyone. One morning I arrived with a lot of other guests, and was invited to wait on the sofa’s until a table was available. This was not a problem for me, but if you are in a rush to get to a meeting or catch a plane or train, it could prove to be a little nuisance.
All in all, a good hotel – typical Radisson. Well located, good staff and great spa. I would be happy to stay here again, and Manchester proved to be a good place for a city break. Don’t laugh!!
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel
- Radisson Edwardian Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Radisson Manchester
- Manchester Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Radisson Blu Edwardian Free Trade Hall Manchester features 263 bedrooms, in addition to a number of meeting and event rooms, within a luxury 5* gold award property. The hotel also caters to your every culinary need, from Steak & Lobster at Alto, to the glamorous Opus One Restaurant and Bar featuring the finest locally sourced British food. Sienna Spa & Health Club comes complete with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam/sauna. The hotel holds the Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold Award. Throughout the hotel is complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Agoda, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.