“excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Manchester Ancoats

and 1 more site!
You added Travelodge Manchester Ancoats to your Saves list
Travelodge Manchester Ancoats
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Great Ancoats Street | Ancoats, Manchester M4 5AZ, England   |
Ranked #56 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

warm friendly staff who went above and beyond to help me out after a mix up with my booking. as a result i will be back and would highly recommend this hotel to all my family and friends, the staff turned a bad situation into a great experience

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Have just spent a two night stay in this hotel to celebrate our twin daughters 21st birthdays.

Our hotel room was spacious and clean.

Special mention must be made of the receptionist Helga, who could not have been more friendly, helpful and welcoming. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I recently stayed in the Manchester ancoats travel lodge for business purposes. A lovely hotel and the receptionist Helga was very friendly and welcoming. The room was tidy and clean however my only complaint was that I paid for a late check out to not once but twice pestered by housekeeping staff requesting when we were leaving, once at 1:20 and the second time at 1:50, which I found irritating due to the fact I had requested the extra time in order to prepare for an interview. Over all an enjoyable stay but disappointed with lack of communication within the housekeeping staff.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Peterborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a good location, fairly near to the city centre, however there is no car park, so parking will be an extra cost, My room was okay, but it was at the front of the hotel, so there was a lot of noise coming from the main road and local bars. I had breakfast booked for the morning and it was edible but uninspiring, I would stay again but only for a cheap overnight stay

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great location for my recent visit into Manchester. Hotel was only a 5-10 min walk away from the heart of Manchester and the club I wanted to go to. The hotel was very good value for a city centre hotel. It was very quiet inside the hotel at night and I heard no noise from outside either. Hotel was nice and clean and there was a cafe/bar on site as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

clean and tidy.close to city centre.easy to reach from railway station.
good taxi service -link. good lightining to review my business report.
the bed was slightly short. I wish I found extra blanket and an iron machine and a polish swab for the shoe. I wish I found a hot chocolet drink and herbal tea

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Isle of Man
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here in April 2015 for just the one night.
The hotel is on quite a busy road & doesn't have a sign "sticking out" so you more or less stumble upon it (we had to cross the busy road to get a better view of the premises opposite to spot it).
We arrived at 2.45pm to be told that it was hotel policy not to check guests in until 3pm. I asked if the room was not ready yet & was told that it was, but due to company policy we would be charged extra if we wanted to check in early (yeh, 15 minutes early!) so we waited, & sure enough, bang on 3pm I approached the desk & was given my room card - talk about "jobsworths"!
The room was quite spacious & clean, although some paint was scraped off the wall where a chair had rubbed against it. The TV worked but had minimal channels. The tea & coffee trays were double what I expected, which was nice.
The window didn't keep out the sound of the traffic very well.
The is a small bar next to reception where I got a can of Boddingtons beer to take to my room (there was no draft bitter)
The hotel is only about 10 minutes walk from the main shopping area/railway stations, so well situated
On the night I stayed there my usual choice (the Premier Inns) were a lot more expensive than here (Premier Inn Piccadilly £114, here £49) so as it was only for one night I opted for the cheaper option, & it was well worth the money in comparison, but not as good as the Premier Inns, which are always welcoming & we wouldn't have had the booking in fiasco.
Would I stay here again - yes, but only if a lot cheaper than the Premier Inn on the day

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Manchester Ancoats? Share your experiences!