“do not stay hotel more like hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester to your Saves list
Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Palatine Road, Northenden, Manchester M22 4FH, England   |
Ranked #101 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“do not stay hotel more like hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here on 4/10/2013 what was going to be a great start to
our holiday how wrong was I. I paid for a double room just to make it easier for a 7am flight the room was small, furniture was old and had its day nothing matched the bed was a 4 ft bed ? we are both 6ft tv was ancient, top box in room was broken had to get some ne to sort it out, the room was hot stuffy,shower was ok I suppose the best thing about this hotel was when we left handed the key card in on the way out not even a thank you from the staff ,waste of money worst place ive stayed.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Newcastle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You get what you pay for, and although this is quite cheap, you definately dont get what you paid for. My family and I stayed in this hotel before a long flight. The car park is very tight to get into, and is not secure, regardless of what the hotel says. I walked straight into the hotel and asked for the code to get out, and was given it without question. The hotel looks awful from outside and unfortunately gets worse when you get in. I think the hotel may be have been outdated in the sixties !!! the rooms were small, horrible yellow stained. The carpet was damp in place I would have had a better shower by standing next to my car and turning on the windscreen washers. The bed linen was however clean. There was a huge 14 inch television in the room with a massive 4 channels on it. We did not eat in the hotel, as we thought the restraunt looked dirty. The whole hotel is in dire need of being knocked down. My car was very dirty upon my return 2 weeks later even though it was an indoor car park.

I dont really know what else to say, its simply awful

Room Tip: I would not be suprised if there was any good rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

£40:00 B&B for 1night. This hotel is in need of a total refurb but is in a great location for Motorway & Airport access. Anyone who expects a near perfect hotel in or around a major city will need to pay a premium.
I found the staff very friendly in all areas - Rooms are basic, tidy and comfortable - Review Pictures are accurate but I would suggest that you ask to see your allocated room before accepting - there are rooms available that have been upgraded. Rooms located closer to the motorway are prone to noise. I would recommend a higher floor on the side furthest from the motorway and away from any lifts.
Breakfast is as what you would expect for the price - any special requests that you may require just ask!!
On the whole this place is very basic and requires a lot of investment but please remember the price you pay is virtually extinct for a city stay and £40:00 B&B for 2 people is a true reflection of this hotel "1980's"

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed here for 1 night prior to an early morning flight. The hotel is ugly from the outside and the car park was very tight and we struggled to find a space. Inside the hotel wasn't much better with the whole place smelling fusty and damp. The carpets in the public areas were stained and the hotel needed redecorating.

Our room was tiny and noisy due to the poor double glazing. The bed was pushed against the wall, meaning we had to climb over each other to get out of bed and there was no bedding on the divan base. The carpet was stained and there was mould in the bathroom.

Avoid at all cost!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Reception area looked ok but basic, then we went to the lift area and it just got worse. All the paintwork was yellow and chipped, the carpet was dirty and the whole area stank of stale cigarette smoke and damp. In the room the stale smoke was even more noticeable, the damp meant the paper was peeling from the walls, the bath was stained and the shower curtain was black with damp. So pleased we were only there for a few hours. I wouldnt leave my dog there!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or stay in your car.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed a night in this hotel, and won't be recommending it to friends or anyone. Firstly, my booking had included a shuttle taxi to the hotel. I tried to call the number that I was given, but was cut off 3 times; it was late at night and I was exhausted so wasn't happy. I had to go through the hotel's central number and was eventually put through to the taxi company and was able to arrange my lift although I had to wait some time for it to arrive. My first impression on entering the lobby was that it was shabby and smelly. My room wasn't much better, and the TV didn't work. I called reception to ask for a replacement TV or new room and when they didn't turn up, I had to call again. When someone eventually turned up, they didn't seem happy at all to deal with the problem. I was told they couldn't get me another TV, and could only give me a new room if I hadn't 'used' the room. - he had a quick look around and eventually agreed to find me another room. However, the TV in this room only had one channel !! I gave up at this point. The carpet in my room had stains, and all the fixtures and fittings were generally past their best. I could hear my neighbours coughing and flushing their toilets. The breakfast was also very poor. Poor hotel with poor service. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Room small and smelled of damp! Told restaurant open from 6 then to be told 6.30 then after waiting.. To be told they are not serving food from the menu only a buffet!! We could of ordered that an hour ago in the bar... But there was 4 of us and only tables of 2 in the bar. Asked what to do but they said wait until later then you can have food. So angry about the service but what do you expect for £35 a night

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester? Share your experiences!