“Most dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester to your Saves list
Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Palatine Road, Northenden, Manchester M22 4FH, England   |
Ranked #102 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Most dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 1am after our flight got in and was only using the hotel so that we could get a sleep before our drive home! The room we were given was so dirty, I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel but there is no excuse for the filth that we seen! The bathroom had dirt all round the edges, hairs on the floor and pubic hairs in the bath! Paint was coming off the doors, the carpet in the main room was heavily stained and all round the edges of the room were thick with dust, like the cleaners (if u can call them that) didn't know how to use the nozzle of a Hoover! Was that disgusted by the carpet me and my partner didnt even want to stand on it in our bare feet ot shower in the morning, no way was i standing in that shower or using the towels!!! Would of just left if it wasn't now 2am and we were shattered! I know it's a cheap hotel but there is no need at all for the neglect of the place! Reception/bar area looks fine and pleasant when u first go in! We were on the 8th floor of the hotel! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pretty basic hotel, not very pretty from the outside.

Reception staff were ok friendly enough and checked us in quickly and booked airport transfers (£6) each.

WE had booked a superior room on the basis of other reviews I decided to pay the extra £10 in the hope we would get a decent room. That worked. The room was fine I had no complaints really, it was basic but clean and the bed was comfortable, decent bathroom and we didn't hear too much noise.

We had a drink from the bar prices were reasonable. I also ordered room service which was reasonably priced and it arrived quickly. The food was really nice.

We checked out early as we had an early flight, check out was quick and the transfer arrived on time.

We were happy with what we paid for 1 night stay and a weeks parking £80.

Overall an average hotel within 10minutes of Manchester airport. Nothing flash but was fine for one night.

Only gripe was when we rang for airport transfers on arrival back into Manchester they said it would be 40 minutes which we weren't prepared to wait so we rang a taxi which cost us £11.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

From the outside this hotel looks tired, inside is worse. As other reviews reception staff hide behind a door at the back of the reception area. Booking in was painfully slow, despite us being the only ones there - it was about four in the morning! Finally we got to our room, (no offer of help with two large cases)but the swipe key wouldn't work.

So back down to reception, and had to shout hello before the guy came from behind the door.

Another long wait whilst he programmed the key.

The room had two double beds crammed into it (one smaller than the other) it would have been really cramped in there with more than the two of us.

Everywhere you look this hotel is shabby and worn out - this place definitely requires some attention. the chair in the room was stained - wouldn't want to sit on it. The bottom of shower curtain was filthy, the surface of the toilet seat had worn through and was filthy.

We decided to skip breakfast in the morning and had to shout hello again before a receptionist reluctantly appeared from behind the door.

I broke a rule of mine and didn't view trip adviser before we booked this hotel....a mistake I will not make again.

Dont bother with the Britannia Airport Hotel find somewhere else....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very convenient for the airport but from the moment you arrive you can see that it is not of a very high standard. The exterior of the lobby looks like the hotel do not own a broom and that no staff ever remove litter from outside. For some reason the reception staff like to hide behind a closed door so that when you enter it appears deserted. In the four days that I stayed there I only once saw a reception staff member wearing a tie and even then the top button of his shirt was open.The bar staff also seemed to hide and only appeared after you had been standing at the bar for a few minutes. I suppose the only saving grace was the bar food which was fair and very reasonably priced. My advice stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: A different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Blackburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Took twenty minutes to check in then another twenty to get some food.

The room was tired & smelt of smoke as did the rest of the corridor. The bed was just about the most uncomfortable that I have encountered in a hotel.

Won't be going again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room on the off chance that they have them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight in Manchester, after reading the reviews I was a little concerned.....
We arrived to friendly & helpful reception staff, we had paid for 14 nights parking but our flight didn't land until the morning of the 15th, I had contacted Brittania Hotels beforehand to check this would be ok and they stated it would be an extra £5 - on arrival the hotel said it was no problem and kindly didn't charge. The car park was gated, we were told to park wherever we wanted and had no issues with the car on return after leaving it there for 2 weeks. We used the airport transfer on the way to the airport - this was on time and an all round good service, we didn't use it on the way back purely because we walked straight out the airport into a taxi.
The room was ok, clean but dated but for £50 + 2 weeks parking I wasn't expecting 5* standard, this is an airport hotel and for one night and the price I don't understand the complaints at all. For a night before a flight this is ideal and some crazily fussy people must have stayed here to justify all the bad reviews..!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor and the room was clean, quiet and had a nice view of the city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Britannia hotel with my girlfriend for one night in May before getting an early flight in the morning at Manchester airport. I also left my car there for 2 weeks.

Before coming to the hotel, I was getting a bit worried after reading some of the reviews about the hotel but I now know they were talking rubbish!

This hotel + 2 weeks parking at the hotel was actually cheaper than paying for the airport parking alone at the official car parks. Our flight even landed on the 15th day for which the hotel kindly did not charge.

The room itself was quite dated, however, it is as you'd expect for the very low price you pay! It was clean and comfy enough and suprisingly we had a pretty decent view over a park and with the city in the distance.

The reception staff were very friendly on the 3 occasions I encountered them and we also used the transfer service that they arrange which was about £6 for a return. We did not use the return though as we did want to wait until the next transfer as our flight landed a 510am and it was pretty cold, so we got a taxi back which cost £14.50.

Overall, very satisfied with the stay and will use again if using Manchester airport in the future.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly, we were in room 808, so if you want the view we had I would suggest that ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Britannia Airport Hotel, South Manchester? Share your experiences!