“A little bit pricey but so much to do” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 104 Activities in Manchester
Type: Playgrounds, Amusement
4 attraction reviews
“A little bit pricey but so much to do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Went for the first time on Tuesday as was amazed at the place.Thought the entrance price was dear until I realised other things included. Very clean lots of space with lots to do. Enjoyed the fact that adults can join the children in the play areas. Another bonus was the electric cars and lasers both included in the entrance price. Food was gd yes had to wait for the pizza to be cooked but just ordered half an hour before we required it. The children loved every minute of it and enjoyed getting stickers on the way out

Visited April 2014
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Gail_60_12,

Everyone at Play Factore are thrilled you had such a good time when you visited and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for all your fabulous comments and feedback.

11 attraction reviews
“terrible isnt a strong enough word.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although the actual equipment is great I would never take my children here again. The staff are rude, money focused and slow. After my first visit I complained to the manager via email as I waited almost 40 minutes for 2 coffees and when I asked them to substitute a bagel for bread due to dietary requirements they refused, leaving me hungry and embarrassed. He begrudgingly offered me a free re-visit. This one was even worse, I witnessed staff remove a family from the centre for their child eating a homemade sandwich, even though the mother explained he had a condition and they had no suitable food for sale and 15 minutes before we were due to leave they hovered around us trying to clean the table we were sat at. SHOCKING.

Visited February 2014
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear lovinit88,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Play Factore experience.

We do appreciate that the initial outlay is a premium in comparison with smaller entertainment centres, however Play Factore is the only family entertainment centre in the UK which uses an inclusive pricing strategy. Most other centres charge around £4-6 for entry with a dwell time of no longer than two hours (Play Factore 2.5 hours) with no inclusive facilities such as the Go Karts and we therefore believe our pricing to be good value.

As stated on all our menus and website menu, we cater to a variety of dietary requirements Gluten free, Dairy Free, Kosher, Halal and Baby snacks and food.

Play Factore would like to state very clearly that no family has ever been removed from Play Factore for bringing in their own food.

Please see Play Factore policy on personal food and drinks being brought into the premises below which is stated on Play Factore website, Play Factore menu’s and throughout the Play Factore venue itself :-

• No food or drink unless purchased from the Play Factore is to be consumed on this premises.

If personal food and drink is brought to Play Factore the procedure is to store it at reception where it can be collected when leaving the premises.

“Food service terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Recently visited the Play Factore for a party, where I was extremely disappointed with my experience at the food service desk. After being told that there was limited choice for anyone wishing to order a dish without bread, I ordered a plate of scrambled egg with a bowls of olives (not great?!). My food arrived with cooked olives mixed with the egg. I asked for this to be changed and my plate was returned to me with the initial scrambled egg (served cold at this point and still.with remnants of olive on them). The coffee that I had also ordered was then cleared away (clearly hot and full) whilst trying to sort out my food order. Very disappointing.

Visited April 2014
Manchester
3 attraction reviews
“Staff and food. Disgrace.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The last time I went here we orded food of pasta and pizza. They came 30 minutes apart which didn't go down well with toddlers! The staff were rude and refused a refund. The "Manger" who I contacted later, also rude and arrogant. Even wrote a letter to the CEO stating if they have two kitchens operating different times the customer has a right to know as its completely deceptful. No reply. Useless company that can't handle valid complaints.

Visited January 2014
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Rachael,

All our menu, inclusive of pizzas, is freshly prepared and made on site and therefore orders can take up to 30 minutes or more to prepare depending on how busy we are.

I understand that when you received the pizza you queried where the pasta was and explained to our Restaurant Manager that you had not been informed that we do have two separate kitchens working together at Play Factore. The open oven at the front of the counter is where is the pizza chef prepares orders and the main kitchen behind the counter prepare the rest of the menu. Nicola, the member of staff who initially took your order, was in close proximity and explained that she had communicated this to you which you then confirmed.

I understand that during the time you were querying the order the pasta dish was served and eaten at which point our Restaurant Manager explained he could not issue a refund as both meals had been served within 30 minutes and Nicola had explained about the separate kitchens when the order was placed.

Gold star customer service is essential, and with the help of customer feedback, we continually strive to improve all areas of our service. I am sorry you feel that you did not receive this during your visit. Play Factore hold regular scheduled Customer Service training sessions with all staff.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you at Play Factore again soon.

116 attraction reviews
“Fab place, nice food, good slide, expensive to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Came here, it costs around £10 for entry, more or less depending upon peak/ non peak times, cost around £2-3 per adult. The children loved the football, the big slide, the spiders web tube. They were disappointed with the laser quest and the go carts. You also only get 2.5 hours, however if you are mid way through a meal (ok prices for the venue) then you have to leave!! My advice would be to play here then after your 2.5 hours are up go to the chill factor next door for food. The pizza we ordered (and had to leave) was nice!