“The Birdcage Manchester” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Birdcage Nightclub

The Birdcage Nightclub
Withy Grove, Manchester M4 3AQ, England (Formerly Titusville)
+44 845 603 6950
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #79 of 317 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: The Birdcage nightclub is in the heart of Manchester city centre! Part of Manchester Arndale and across from the Printworks, The Birdcage has been home to the most entertaining nights and parties since it opened in November 2006.Each and every Friday and Saturday night, our customers are treated to Vegas style cabaret performed by our in house show team of drag artists, elegant showgirls and sexy male dancers, whilst our resident DJs bring you the best of the 80's, 90's 00’s and now! The Birdcage nightclub is a must do night out for anyone visiting Manchester!However, The Birdcage Manchester is so much more than a nightclub. We are a state of the art venue easily adaptable for most events, from corporate functions to wedding receptions. The Birdcage has successfully hosted events as diverse as fashion shows, bar mitzvahs, poetry readings and concerts featuring international artists. We have a total capacity of 1400 and cabaret style seating area for up to 500. Visuals can be projected onto 3 large screens located on The Birdcage stage and our sound and lights can be designed specifically to meet the needs of your event. When you book your event with The Birdcage, we guarantee you a personalised service that will exceed your expectations.
salford
“The Birdcage Manchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hi,
Got a table booked this coming saturday 19th January, for 13 people, only 2 lads in our group. Can anyone tell me whether they are allowed to wear the footwear 'vans'. Rang up the Birdcage a fair few times and never got a direct answer from then, a simple yes or no would of done but they avoided the question. Never been before so just wondering if anyones been and seen what the lads wear in there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks :)

Visited January 2013

UK - YORKSHIRE
11 attraction reviews
“Rude staff, the worst sticky carpet ever .... never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went to the birdcage in Manchester for a VIP meet and greet with the stars of a show we were seeing at the MEN.

The staff on entry were rude and unhelpful.

The place was pretty unclean and from the first step on the wooden floor by the door my feet were sticking to it, I moved onto the carpet which was so filthy that when you stood in the same place for a couple of minutes and lifted your foot the carpet came up with your shoe.

I wouldn't have visit the club if the meet and greet hadn't been there as their remit really isn't my thing but I would avoid this place like the plague!

Visited December 2012
Wales, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Drag queen cabaret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to see the show with a friend. £8 entry but drinks relatively cheap. Show was surprisingly good with both male and female pole dancers during the costume changes. Disco to dance away to till the early hours. No issues with queues at the bar with fast and friendly service. Arrive early if you want good seats or be prepared to get what you find. Not a bad night out. You could do alot worse in Manchester

cheshire
7 attraction reviews
“Birthday celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently booked a table at the bird cage for my nieces birthday, it only cost us £12 each to guarantee a reserved table. On our arrival we where greeted and shown to our table. Happy hour was 9 till 11 and the drinks where extremely reasonable, double vodka and diet coke £3.30, pint of beer £2.20 and bottle of wine £10. They also done jugs of cocktails all berry reasonable. The entertainment was excellent with live cabaret shows, between cabaret shows we danced away to 80s disco. The atmosphere was brilliant and we didn't leave till about 2.20am but the disco continued for another hour or so. Well worth a look. You can take photos during the evening but not videos.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Appauling - waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

myself and the ladies in my family came here for the first time on Saturday 3rd November to celebrate my sisters 40th birthday . We arrived and was shown to the booth next to the toilets, we could not see the stage and had a que congregating round our table. We had paid £15 each to enter - Myself and my friend was then escorted out of the toilets after an hour after the 'old lookalike' Jessie J on the table next to us accused us of knicking their wine. I was appauled in the manor we was treated. I demanded they check CCTV but the bouncers wasnt very interested and asked us to leave. This meant I had to leave my sisters birthday for no apparent reason and walk around the streets on Manchester for 4 hours until our taxi came. Ruining the night. We later learnt the 'older Jessie J' had been that drunk she had not noticed that her friend had placed the bottle of wine on the floor under their table. Safe to say what horrible horrible bouncers! I will be writing a formal complaint as spending 15 pounds each and getting kicked out 25 minutes after we entered for no reason is not acceptable.