“Very Average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Hook, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have been to the Fairfield arms a few times over the years and it is a Lovely Victorian building and a good atmosphere. We went in for an Early dinner on Saturday and it was already busy but the staff were friendly and the service good. Unfortunately the food was not up to scratch which was unexpected as we regularly go to another of the chains pubs and it is always excellent. My wife's belly pork was a real disappointment and I don't even think it was Belly pork. It actually looked more like Loin. I had the mixed grill which was better but not as good as it should have been.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, good staff and a great manager!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have known the Fairfield for a number of years and found it to be consistent with quality food, good atmosphere and service. Whatever kind of visit you need, be it quiet dinner for two, a convenient place for tea, a family get together or a business event/evening...the Fairfield can accommodate it all. We have had had all of these kinds of visits and have not one complaint. It is great, convenient and local to us. See you on Friday night with our granddaughter for tea! Well done, Chris.
Colin and Judith

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely people and good food at a sad time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband's best friend passed away suddenly at an early age and after the service, his widow had booked a meal at the Fairfield Arms. When we got there, we were greeted with complimentary tea and coffee. A mixture of hot and cold buffet had been provided and there was enough choice and food for the mourners. All the time we were there we were treated kindly especially the 87 year old mother of our deceased friend who was very well looked after by the staff and manager.
I've always found there is plenty of food at the Fairfield for the numbers you book for, but as with everywhere, if you book for 30 and double that number turn up, there will never be enough food.
I have attended different functions at the Fairfield and haven't been disappointed in the quality of the food or the staff and would happily recommend it to anyone for any function

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“rubbish rude and disgusting food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked this place for my dads funeral what a big mistake buffet very poor when complained was met by very sour faces including the manager they gave us a bowl of chips as compensation what a joke me and my mum even went without because there wasnt enough food to go round and not one apology to be had what should have been a lovely but very sad end to my fathers passing was ruined by incompetent inexperienced ignorant staff dont make the mistake we made turn around and walk away.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Still the best pub/restaurant in East Manchester!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Whenever I'm in need of a good meal or a drink in good company, where better to go than the Fairfield Arms?
The staff are always warm and welcoming, the food has been consistently fine for many years now and there's always been a fine selection of beer, wine and spirits.
I've been drinking and dining at this pub since 1992 and I can honestly say that in the last ten years or so the place has evolved to be what it is now - the best food and drink pub in East Manchester.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere