“Very Pleasant!” 4 of 5 stars

0161 839 1929
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 1,643 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went for Sunday Lunch and we were not disappointed! It had a good ambience, there was people there having Afternoon Tea and some were on Brunch, a good mixture of people of all ages! We enjoyed our food, the portion was generous although the beef was a bit on the tough side but my wife's lamb was perfect.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Derbyshire
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited Monday 30th September 2013 for breakfast. Lovely choice on breakfast menu. Excellent restaurant, very relaxed atmosphere, soft music, crisp white cotton tablecloths and cotton serviettes, fresh flowers..Friendly efficient service and presentation was lovely and the food was excellent! Would definitely recommend.

“Excellent breakfast !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Decided to pay a visit before shopping in town Sunday 29th.

Lovely warm welcome from the smartly presented staff , excellent drinks of superb strong columbian coffee (much needed on a Sunday morning ) lots of other coffees and teas to choose from .

I chose the Arnold Bennett omelette , beautifully cooked and seasoned to perfection ,my wife had rarebit with a soft poached egg on top , although the bread was to thick for her liking it was non the less superb .

Crisp white tablecloths and napkins (none of your cheap serviettes ) gives a class feeling to this restaurant , even at breakfast time , it certainly impressed me !

All in all great breakfast experience and can't wait to go again .

Bristol
“Stunning food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here for a meal and had an amazing evening. We had lamb and duck for mains which were both amazing and the staff were also brilliant. Would definitely recommend to others!

Kendal
“Curate's egg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very good welcome, attentive waitress whilst we ordered cocktails. No nibbles though. Really liked the look of the dining room. It was a busy Saturday night in August.
Starters:
Husband - scallops - very good
Daughter 17 - goats cheese - nice but very, very spicy
Daughter 15 - mussels - around a third either empty or shell still closed
Me - chicken liver and foie gras pate, rather grainy, I would say over cooked. Not enough brioche

Mains:
Husband: fillet steak medallions - ok but was quite a small dish for the cost
Daughter 17 - duck - lovely
Daughter 15 - rosti, tasted like the fridge, and was greasy
Me - spatchcock chicken, mostly dry, I felt a bit overlooked and therefore difficult to eat with a knife and fork

Desserts: we shared two assiette plates - quite good, nice variety

This is a French and British style restaurant but they didn't serve bread with the main course, or some of the staters, this is definitely the British thing as they would always serve bread in France and indeed in my home as my husband is French
Whilst the cocktails were fabulous the wine list is limited 18 wines, 4 of which are French. We struggled to find a wine and in fact I drink beer with my meal. Not very fine dining.
We are not difficult customers at all but did feel, like we were constantly having to catch someone's attention for bread, a drink, wine so it wasn't very relaxing. The girls waiting on were lovely but quite rushed. The cocktails are popular. No one was knowledgeable about their wine list and I felt it made them a bit uncomfortable when my husband was asking questions. We didn't intend this.
We spent £248.00 + tip and we did have a nice evening but there were a few things lacking. At the end of the evening we had a little chat with our main waitress which was nice but otherwise there was no real connection as they were just too busy. I guess I am not used to that. The acoustics make conversation a bit shouty. I didn't dislike it but wasn't wowed so probably wouldn't return. We felt it was quite expensive, we are from the Lake District and used to good places to eat at reasonable prices, guess it's not city prices though.

• Visited August 2013