“Not great for fine dining experience” 3 of 5 stars

0161 839 1929
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 1,764 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Not great for fine dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Dont normally post reviews but wanted to post this for others as i went off reviews on here and was bit disappointed really. We visited on Saturday 15th feb although we were 10 mins late as couldn't find parking space the staff were still accommodating and we still had our booking we were sat at a table right in the middle of the resturant near the door and bar area wasn't very nice just felt too close to the door so we asked to move and we were then moved to a window seat that was available why not sit us there in the first place ?? Anyway the food was average standard some of it was under average pâté came with some sort of crisps not toasted bread ?? And my pork belly Main was full of fat not much meat at all and the fat was not crispy at all with portions as small as this you can imagine there wasn't much of it I could eat my boyfriends dauphonise potatoes where hard and taste less, desert was nice but nothing special overall for the money we spent we were quite disappointed with the overall experience prob won't go back again which is ashame as it looks like they have put alot of effort into the place appearance wise and waiting staff were really nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Prestwich
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited this place on a sunday with my husband and elderly mum following our yearly trip to the cathedral. We just wanted light refreshments rather than a big meal. We went in in the afternoon and when we arrived we were asked if we were booked for Sunday lunch. We explained that we just fancied tea and scones or similar. We were then made to feel as if we were quite odd to request this in a 'tearooms'. The young lady then told us we could sit in the bar area on the high stools. We found this to be quite odd considering my mum is 84 years old! We told them this was not acceptable and I wanted to leave. However what happened next was even stranger. We were told we could sit at another table out of the way??? We followed the waitress and she proceeded to remove the tablecloth because we weren't having Sunday lunch!!!!!! Weird beyond belief. I have eaten in many many places and have never experienced anything like it in my life. Added to that everthing was mediocre and this atmosphere was very cold. Would not return, I can only imagine that the people who have rated this place higher than a 2 or a 3 must be friends or family!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Posh Nosh at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent meal. Not cheap, but definitely top notch. First time my husband hasn't complained about a steak in years!!

Visited January 2013
Bramhall, United Kingdom
“Very nice christmas party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were a group of 22 on a work's Christmas lunchtime meal out. I was dubious at first as to whether such a large group would be suitable for this restaurant, as it does seem a cosy, smart place better suited to smaller groups or couples, but I must say the meal and service at 47 KSW was fabulous! The quality of ingredients and the look of all of the dishes was delicious and inviting and we all had a great time. I hope the other diners didn't mind us..!

The restaurant were accommodating to the highest, even when last minute changes were made to the bookings. I will definately return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Breakfast can be good, staff are friendly but they must pay more attention with guests rather then chatting with colleagues.
But it's another choice or a good afternoon tea

Visited October 2012