“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

0161 839 1929
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 1,825 Restaurants in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visited 47 KSW for our christmas party last weekend, with a party of 9 we had the christmas menu which was a reasonable price. The food was excellent and the staff were extremely attentive making sure everybody had a drink at all times and everybody was happy with their food.We would certainly go back at the first opportunity.

fairwaykb
“Very Dissappointed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After looking at a whole host of Christmas Menus for Manchester restaurants my boyfriend and I decided that 47 KSW looked fantastic! We booked online to which we received a reservation confirmation that reminded us "Bookings in December are for Christmas Menu only" - no problem for us with that being the menu we had fallen for. We arrived at the restaurant and were seated by a very pleasant waiter who handed us our menus - guess what?! It was a Sunday and they were not offering the Christmas menu at all. Our waiter did not seem surprised by the fact we had not been informed of this which made me wonder whether we were not the first visitors to have suffered this lack of communication. Whilst he was understanding and apologetic, the management did not seem interested - mumbling a "sorry" as we left to go elsewhere for our meal.

The place looks lovely and whilst I was so looking forward to trying this up and coming place, there are too many great places to go in Manchester that this dissappointing experience will be the only one I have of 47 KSW.

Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Christmas Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently booked in at 47KSW for the work Christmas do. The staff were amazing from start to finish and weren't overwhelmed by there being 27 of us (as many restaurants are).
Great festive menu to pick from, amazing value for money, really tasty food and wine and lovely helpful staff. We couldn't have hoped for a nicer meal or a better atmosphere.
Can't wait 'til next year!!!

england
“nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

difficult to judge properly as visited on a quiet Sunday night. Staff very nice and tentative. Music (christmas carols !) very strange but strangely nice and relaxing :-)

Good value as we had the 2 course set menu otherwise it would have been pricey. I had the roast beef which was lovely but must say the meat was chewy not what I would of expected. my boyfriend had chicken which he said was very good.

Bit of a mixed review I know but I would definitely return one day and give the place another go... overall nice dining experience :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North West
“Sound as a Pound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I visited as part of a Christmas party group from work. I like this area of Manchester as it has a buzz without the crush and shabbiness of the Arndale area.

We had some pre-dinner drinks at the bar and the staff were all very polite, friendly and helpful, particularly in making a constant stream of wonderful Del Boy style non-alcoholic cocktail mixes for me.

I had a ham and parsley terrine to start that was OK but probably my least favourite of the 3 courses. The main course of Roast venison loin tasted great and the portion size meant I wasn't stuffed for dessert. My dessert was a Christmas pudding with custard and a mini mince pie, I thoroughly enjoyed this and it rounded off a very enjoyable meal.

We even met one of the owners, he seemed a very affable and warm character and certainly kept the group entertained with his humurous Salford banter.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a good place to eat in Manchester.