“Superb food and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

+44(0)161 832 5438
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,766 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
“Superb food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband booked lunch as a pre-Christmas treat just for the two of us.
Both waiters were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive without being over-bearing. Our food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. We have only had one better meal (we have been married for 30 years) and that was at Le Manoir aux Quatre Saisons.
We will definitely be back with friends for dinner!

Thank you for a really memorable afternoon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A great place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The food is magnificent! I had the salmon, chicken main and then French toast. The wine was beautiful too. The staff are all friendly and nice. Thank you for looking after us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“lack of atmosphere and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I dined here on a Saturday night with 3 friends. I had the black truffle risotto to start - the size of the portion was tiny, it was average, i have had much better in other restaurants.
My main was beef fillet at £32, all i got was a tiny piece of over done beef with a dollop of very garlicky potato -no vegetable.
Not impresssed.
The dessert however was delicious - chocolate fondant with salted caramel ice cream
The other diners seemed miserable and up their own backsides. Not what I expected in the Northern Quarter.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Tuesday Tasting Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Was in Manchester for a few days so decided to treat myself to dinner at 63 Degrees as I'd read some good reviews about it. It didn't disappoint, I had the special Tuesday 5 course tasting menu which is a steal at £25. Each course was delicious, with the chicken course being outstanding - probably the best I've had.

Overall this is a genuine French restaurant, serving top class food, at a good price. The only negatives I have to say about the place is some of the tables are quite close together, to the point where even the waiters find it difficult to serve some of the tables and also the gap between the different courses was very inconsistent. However there was a large group dining in the restaurant at the time so I suspect that might have something to do with that.

These are minor complaints though and I will certainly return the next time I'm in Manchester.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bournemouth
“Fine dining at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Booked a while back as needed somewhere special after dragging the wife to the Rugby League World Cup Final!!! She wasn't disappointed! Risotto to start and I had the scallops, followed by steak and monkfish. The starters and maims were both superb, the steak was fantastic. She was then tempted by the chocolate fondant and was drooling over that whilst I had the cheese. Not cheap and portions a little small but this is quality rather than quantity and a real treat for a special occasion. Staff were attentive, friendly but never rushing you, we had a great, relaxed, evening. Superb.

• Visited November 2013