“equisite” 5 of 5 stars

+44(0)161 832 5438
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,757 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
tamworth
“equisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

visited on Tuesday 6th August and found it to be really busy, (something I dread is an empty midweek restaurant). Although the area looked a little rundown the frontage of the restaurant looked classy. We were 25 minutes early but were shown straight to our table even though there was a lounge area where you could have a drink and peruse the menu.
Staff were pleasant although the lady who took our order didn't understand that my wife had dietary requirements.( we always let the restaurant know when we book) However a younger member of staff who could speak better English helped us.
Food was out of this world, my wife having sea bass with caviar to start while I waited a minute or two because they had given me the wrong starter. The lamb main course with the potato pie was sublime.
My desert had a footnote (please allow 15 minutes) however after 30 minutes it finally arrived and was worth the wait.
I am back in Manchester later in the year and will visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This restaurant is in an obscure position, just within the Northern Quarter. The interior is lovely, the service perfect and the food delightful. We went here following a recent recommendation and were not disappointed. Certainly,it is one of the more expensive meals that I've ever had, but it was delicious and well worth it. We ordered cocktails whilst we deliberated over the menu which were great. The chocolate fondant for dessert was perfect and gooey in the middle and my main of Duck was cooked to perfection. The portions aren't big, but we left satisfied rather than stuffed which was definitely preferred.

Visited August 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent French cuisine in intimate restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here for my wife's birthday treat, based on TripAdvisor recommendations. Church Street and area are still fairly run down. There is a Tattoo shop and lots of boarded up buildings around, so looking out from restaurant is not great. However, inside is superb. We were welcomed at door and taken to area near windows for our pre drinks. I had mentioned my wife's birthday on the booking form, and the waiter who served us the drinks wished her "Happy Birthday", which was wonderful. Later on in our meal, they served my wife's desert with a big sparkling candle. Outstanding customer service.
The waiter was very knowledgeable about the right wines to accompany each course. The food was superbly presented, with the right size portions. We were not rushed and spent nearly 3 hours over our meal. My wife had the beef and I had the lamb, both cooked just right.
Definitely recommend this place for an intimate meal, as long as you are not distracted or concerned about the external environment.

Visited August 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Tres Bon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after our daughters graduation from Manchester Medical School.......a special meal for a very special occasion. We opted for the Tasting Menu and it was lovely.....each dish was artistically presented, the restaurant area was classically french and the service very professional. We would like to mention at this point that the Tasting Menu is usually £60 per head, on a tuesday however it is £25 per head and it is a very small taste of 5 different dishes......it was an experience but if you are hungry you may like to go for the a la carte menu which was comprehensive and had some beautiful looking dishes. Our only criticism would be the fact that there was access to the restaurant internally from what seemed like a manned apartment block foyer next door which is also where the toilet facilities were, a little strange. Over all we enjoyed our '63 Degrees' experience for our special occasion but based on the cost it is not somewhere we would return to on a regular basis.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Manchester!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I finally tried this place for our anniversary after many recommendations - we were not disappointed! We have lived in Manchester for 8 years and I can safely say that this is one of the best restaurants around. I'm French, and I'm picky about restaurants, so this is high praise indeed...
We had the summer menu - the foie gras was top quality, and both the duck and chicken dishes were perfectly cooked and presented, and tasted gorgeous. Quite refined and for the sophisticated palate I'd say. The cheeses were great - strong and authentic. Went very well with our Chateau Latour. There is a great selection of wines, and I had a peek at the cocktail menu which looked really original too.
They were a tad slow with taking the starter plates away (but as I said, I'm picky) However, everything else was perfect: the amuse-bouche, the friendly service and staff, the decor and atmosphere... can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2013