“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

80 Flixton Road | Urmston, Manchester M41 5AD, England
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Description: A Brilliant new Italian restaurant recently launched in Manchester ,Urmston with high quality of food mixed with fresh ingredients. This is a relax family oriented environment with friendly service.Also,a great function room for businesses and personal celebrations & events.
Manchester
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went with a friend for a mid week meal. We both had pizza, which was vastly disappointing. Quite dry and tasteless. I won't be going back. Staff are nice and friendly and the restaurant itself is very appealing, but the food is what we go for and it wasn't good I'm afraid. Won't be going back. I'd recommend Oca in Sale for a great pizza - give Danito's a miss!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

manchester
“Looks good ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Although the restaurant itself is lovely looking and clean, we could smell vanilla as we walked in which was a nice touch, the actual experience of eating there was a let down. There were to many staff, who were very nice, but just didn't have enough to do. This resulted in us getting far to much attention which in the end became a.little unsettling. The food itself was basic and took far too long to arrive considering all we had was pizza. All in all i wouldn't return . Would suggest less staff or maybe put them in the kitchen to speed that side up.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A gem that needs a little more polish to really shine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I visited with a small group of friends last night (a Saturday). It was relatively busy on entering and there was a welcoming ambience to the place.

Some friends were already seated, so we sat down straight away, there apparently being no one to greet. The young staff were engaging, although a little slow to note that new customers had arrived, furnish the necessary menus and take drink orders. (NB - bad marks for having no draught beers; all bottles).

The menu was standard Italian cuisine with the usual collection of starters, pizza, pasta & entrées, although I disappointingly didn't spot any veal.

The food came within an almost acceptable timescale and they did make a major error with one of my friend's order, bringing out steak instead of his ordered trout. It was soon rectified, although he did have to wait for his side order to then be fulfilled.

I had the mussels to start and they were tasty enough. One had a bit of grit, I'm afraid, and that really is unforgivable when cooking professionally.

For my entrée I had a simple spicy pizza that, to my wizened taste buds, simply wasn't hot or spicy enough.

My main criticism of Danito's? The portions were a but stingy. Thinking back, no one came and asked any of my dining companions if they wanted any black pepper or Parmesan, either. I suppose, if they had, they could have asked but ...

The sweet menu was non-existent and the owner simply rattled off a choice of about four. I threw him a bit and asked why there was no cheese board but, full credit, one eventually appeared - although it did take a little while and I suspect it was done especially.

Overall, we were pleased with our visit to Danito's and it certainly eclipses the other Italian offerings in the vicinity by far. There could be a bit more attention to the little things (and bigger portions!) to make this unpolished gem really sparkle.

Our meal came to £30 a head for 3 courses with drinks and tip, which wasn't cheap but didn't leave a sour taste in the mouth, either.

• Visited December 2011