“appalled” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester

You added MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester to your Saves list
MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   81 Dale Street, Manchester M1 2HG, England (Formerly Piccadilly Central Apartments)   |
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“appalled”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was appalled with my stay here at all, No hot water all weekend so we had to shower in cold water. No help just got told to email manger.we had been informed that reception was not manned at night times and if there was any problems to call mobile number issued on check in When we phoned no answer ,
The room looked OK but when we had a closer look the cups where all dirty not been cleaned also cutlery so did not use any of them, when we checked out of the apartment to get are deposit back the woman then charged us another £150 not thinking so we are now waiting for £300 to be put back into are account all we got of the receptionist was (oops) I definitely wont be staying here again, I did not even feel safe in the apartment. Most of all the service is terrible I travel a lot but will never be coming back and will not be recommending it to any one!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
michellebrownmax, General Manager at MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kerri,

Further to our recent email correspondence, I am sorry to hear that you did not feel the customer service met your expectations. The front of house manager attended your apartment instantly to address the issue of no hot water supply which was rectified by switching on the emersion heater. Both myself and the front of house manager have apologised to you for the incident with regards to your refund. It was a genuine mistake which was immediately rectified and the £300 refunded to your card.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the first review I have ever written as I usually just let things go over my head but I was appalled at MAX apartments. On first glance the room looked nice and very modern, but once we got into the kitchen you could tell it had not been cleaned from the previous people staying there, it was disgusting, all the fixtures and fitting around the place were either very loose or hanging off, the dishwasher door fell off! However this I could live with without it spoiling my weekend, BUT on our first night the fire alarm starting going off at 5am, we had been informed that reception was not manned during the night and if there was any problems please call a mobile number issued on check in, after walking round the hotel and outside for an hour to check if there was any fire we went back to the apartment to call the number to get the alarm turned off as it was completely impossible to sleep, baring in mind the time now is roughly 6am, the girl who answered the phone told me it was basically tough!! she was in bed and could not drive and would not be getting the train in until 11am, which begs the questions WHY IS SHE ON CALL TO DEAL WITH EMERGENCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so angry I checked out when she finally did arrive at 11.20!! no apology and was told I could not get my deposit back as she was not authorised to do so, again why is she there!!!!!!! I travel a lot when is comes to business and would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone, please do not waste your time and good money when the staff clearly don't care about there guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brighton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My first experience of self catered apartments.

Firstly this is a good location close to Manchester Piccadilly station (2 minutes walk) which was my reason for staying here.

Keys are accessed via codes and you may have to phone through to get these which can be a bit of extra hassle when tired from travelling.

Room was average with some broken cups/missing kitchen items, not sure how cooking a meal would be! The shower was great though and the TV/DVD player was also a good feature. I can imagine these get used for stag/hen parties at weekends so there are a few odd stains etc but they had done a fair job of cleaning everything up.

In summary this was perfectly adequate for a 1 night business stop over.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

entrance next to canal entrance used by men for casual sex. no receptionist (arrived at 6.30pm). had to call a mobile number to get entrance codes for the main door and safe within which my key was located. corridor lights not working. apartment dead lock disabled by means of someone having screwed two large screws into the lock. my apartment was nothing like that show on the web site. the apartment smelt damp. broken toilet seat. I felt safer carrying my bag and valuables around the city rather than leaving them in the apartment while I was out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Like everyone else I was weary of the bad reviews, but just like most other places I've been to since joining trip advisor I found these were grossly exaggerated. These apartments were cheap (£240 for 2 nights for 4 people), central (2 minute walk from Piccadilly train station) and luxurious. Granted it is slightly 'worn' luxury (some taps are rattly, a couple of door handles missing etc) but for £60 each for 2 nights you really can't complain. You get 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a balcony, dishwasher, huge fridge and free wifi - much better than any hotel in the city centre can offer.

My best advice would be to go straight to the cupboard with the washing machine and make sure all the switches you need are on - things like the shower, heating and jacuzzi bath are all controlled from this cupboard.

So don't be put off by the bad reviews and give this place a go - I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Me and fiancé stayed for 3 nights in a one bedroom apartment. Looking at the reviews we were extremely nervous about our stay, feeling like the £300 we had spent would be wasted and a stay from hell but on our arrival we were impressed. Reception staff extremely nice and any questions that we had we emailed through and got a reply immediately. Really decent sized rooms, really Nice and cosy. Cutlery and glasses ect were clean ... Bathroom was lovely. Whirlpool bath we did struggle with, as there was no instructions on how to use it. We did think it was broken until we looked in the boiler room at the fuse box to find a switch that was for the jacuzzi bath!!! Instructions like this would be extremely useful!! You can hear the road but no more than you would expect been in manchester city centre and it did not stop us from sleeping. Lovely balcony !! Heaters in the bedroom and living space that were very good. Fridge fit all of our food it and champagne :) the private carpark was very narrow to drive down but very secure. (They did warn us before we payed for the carpark that it was narrow and would not be suitable for big cars. We have a mini). Tv bigger than the one I have at home. Really pleased. Would stay again. Only downside is that there was no glass door on one of the cupboards and one had a crack in but this did not affect our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
michellebrownmax, General Manager at MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed you stay (and the Jacuzzi bath) at Max Manchester Piccadilly. Thank you for your comments regarding instructions for the Jacuzzi bath, now you have bought this to our attention we will ensure this information is available to all guests. We are proud of our city centre locations and apartment benefits. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing MAX.

Been to MAX Serviced Apartments - Manchester? Share your experiences!