“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel for business purposes.

The hotel is walking distance from Piccadilly Station (approx 8mins).

There is a very nice bar which serves wide range of alcohol. Breakfast was very good & had lots to offer. Had dinner both nights & have to say very consistent & of very good standard. The waitresses very friendly & attentive.

The room is laid out in very modern decor. Separate bathroom & toilet. Full amenities available including iron in room as standard.

Despite its central location the hotel is soundproof from all the street noise outside - you literally can't hear any noise once you are in your room.

I will be returning to start at this hotel during my next visit to manchester.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Glad you had a good time at Novotel Manchester Centre! Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Iain Black

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This review is for the restaurant.

Both myself and my fiancé have been to this restaurant many times and have tried a selection of dishes from starters to deserts. We have enjoyed everyone of them with only a few slight niggles over around 6-7 trips. The layout is modern and clean and the staff there have been really nice and easy to talk to/order from every time. We normally go in the evening (around 8:00 pm) and have never left disappointed. The price is about average for a nice restaurant in the city centre. The meal sizes seem well portioned and the food well cooked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good to read your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel. Kind regards,Iain Black
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed for one night at the hotel which is situated right next to the Chinese quarter in Manchester - great location. We were there for a conference and were occupying the meeting rooms on the first floor. The hotel were well equipped for managing a large number of guests arriving/departing at the same time and the check-in service was well organised and speedy. We were well looked after during the conference and the food was great with a good choice of hot/cold/antipasti. The bedrooms are modern, spotlessly clean and very comfy with wiring for internet and mp3/iPod. Great shower too. Can recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your review i was pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Novotel manchester Centre. Kind Regards Iain Black
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and was less than impressed. I had requested a room with a bath when I booked, but initially was given one with a shower only. I went back down to reception and asked to be changed to a different room. The receptionist apologised and I was given another key, and back up I went - but this room also only had a shower. After half an hour and 4 attempts, each time going up and down in the lift with my bags, and each time still being given a room with only a shower, I still had not got a room. My friend who I was meeting for dinner had been sitting patiently waiting for me, but eventually we got fed up. In the end I gave up and handed my bags to one of the receptionists and asked them to find me a suitable room, put my bags in it, and give me the key when I returned from dinner.

The room I was eventually given was a business room and was very nice and comfortable, so no complaints about that. And the location of the hotel is great, the breakfast is good and they now have free wifi throughout the hotel, so all good and as you would expect. But come on, how difficult is it to meet such a simple request? And why don't the reception systems have such basic information about the rooms like if they have a bath and shower, or only a shower? And if there is a problem like this, then it should be simple to fix - and in event it shouldn't be up to me to keep dragging my bags all over the hotel in the process of trying to sort it out. This is not a bargain motel and the room costs the best part of £100, so I do expect a bit better service than that. I was told someone would ring me about it, but no one did.

So the hotel itself - fine. Problem solving and service - could try harder!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I can assure you the matter is being looked into and we will be updating our computer system to reflect this.
Again I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was there for a congress, so the review is not only for the room but for the facilities.
It is a very modern hotel, they welcomed us really well and were very organized.
The congress went on easily and they thought of everything, from a room to lock the baggage to an endless supply of water, coffee, tea & pastries during the day.
The rooms we used were well light, clean and handy, there were snacks and stationary for us to use of very good quality.
The lunch was very good and varied, giving everyone choice, from vegetarian spring rolls to pizza, very nice!!
They also made us dinner for one night and again, great choice: meats, pasta, bread, snacks and salad all cooked really well. I had pasta and beef & it was delicious.
There were small cakes and mousses for dessert as well as cheeses and crackers.
Breakfast was delicious too, with a lot of choice.
There was a bar and although a little bit pricey I found very good choice of whisky and there was also good choice for beer and wine drinkers.
The rooms were modern and very clean, simple in its design and very practical.
Bathroom was well design, it has the toilet separate from the bath/shower and the toiletries were of very good quality. Towels were really nice fluffly, clean and dried well.
Service was good too.
It is very well located, very central, near to all types of transport and Piccadilly at walking distance.
They made the event a success, thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Bright, spacious, modern very well decorated and highly specified hotel. Excellent room, good food, high standards of service. Very stylish fixtures and fittings and all high tech connectivity. Room rates are high, but substantial discounts are achievable.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here on business, it's very good value, clean , efficient , quick check in/ out..good breakfast.cenrally located in this great city, I would recommend it and stay here again. The bar is away from the rooms so no late noise, the drinks are as expected a little steep

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Been to Novotel Manchester Centre? Share your experiences!