“Happy times with the girls :-)” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Happy times with the girls :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We visited the sugar junction for afternoon tea one Saturday afternoon during a stay in manchester. I booked in advance and paid a deposit and they were ready for us when we arrived. I'd made some requests on booking for plain scones and they were met when our afternoon tea arrived. We'd decided to share three afternoon teas between four of us and it was just the right amount. The sandwiches were lovely, little baps which were beautifully fresh with lovely tasty fillings. We also got scones and brownies along with macaroons and lemon mousses with shortbread hearts. We couldn't manage everything but they were happy to provide a box for us to take the brownies away with us. The staff were very friendly and helpful despite another larger booking which arrived after us. The crockery is pretty retro china, none of it matching which adds to the charm of the place. All round a lovely afternoon and would definitely visit again if we were in manchester.

tommypip
“My favourite place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We travel from near Liverpool to come here, absolutely love the place. The staff are absolutely wonderful, and the food and drinks second to none. A unique look and vibe. Not to mention I get serious tea dress and tattoo envy every time I walk in.

The Chai Lattes are the best I have tasted anywhere. The cakes are home baked and out of this world.

Today we had usual chai lattes, I had a mushroom field slice, husband had eggs Florentine which he declared the best he has ever eaten. Followed by Sticky Toffee Pudding.

This place gets busy, so book if possible. We got a table today, but that was chance.

I recommend this place to everyone, and will return for years to come. Thank you all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rude staff despite the nice atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I went today to Sugar Junction with my mum curious to try this well known tea room in Manchester, but unfortunately it was a disappointing experience. When we got there, after being asked if we made a reservation, we were told to wait a minimum of 20 mins despite the fact that there were a few free tables. After 15 mins another women came in and even though she did not made a reservation she was kindly seated in one of the free tables, jumping the queue with the complicity of a ginger waitress. We kindly asked an explanation to the waitress and she told us that the lady made a reservation on the phone wrongly thinking that we didnt understand the language as we are Italian, but unfortunately for her we perfectly heard the lady saying "No, I havent booked,I've just popped in to try to find a seat". The waitress repatly tried to denied the obvious evidendence and eventually took us downstairs in the worst place to seat as my mum could just see the storage room with the staff having chats and milkshakes. On top of that the cream tea scone we ordered came without any coated cream which was a pity cause the tea was actually really good. I do not recommend this place not for the food quality or atmosphere but for the racist and unprofessional staff who give an unwelcoming impression.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Yorkshire
“They treated us so well!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Brilliant food, brilliant staff knowledge, great atmosphere, delish cocktails. I will definitely go again. A very hip place to go after an early dinner.

Visited March 2014
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited sugar junction for afternoon tea as a birthday treat with my daughter and as the reviews said it was excellent the cakes were mouthwatering and sandwiches perfectttt deffinately worth visiting thank you Sugar Junction

• Visited February 2014