“Yummy Scrummy Cake” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Yummy Scrummy Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I 'liked' this restaurant on Facebook before visiting and was tempted by the selection of cakes they would post daily. I visited today with my mother. We went at 1pm and it was relatively quiet, we both chose from the breakfast menu and the food was delicious. Staff were super smiley, friendly and well mannered. I then finished off my meal with a slab of cookies and cream cake.....it was amazingggg!!

My only criticism is that it was a little overpriced, but in keeping with the Northern Quarter I guess.

I have already planned to visit again with a friend for afternoon tea :) as I was leavin the restaurant another table were being served it and it looked incredible.

Cheadle Hulme, United Kingdom
“Never fails to disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We took two friends a few weeks ago for the afternoon tea. They loved it. As ever, the atmosphere and surroundings were vintagey perfection and the food was delicious. The cakes seem to be getting better and better! I just hope it never goes downhill as it really is too good to be true :)

“Fantastic and quirky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place, everything is so beautifully presented. Breakfast menu is mouthwatering and delicious. Only thing which could have been better was a lack of meat in the Boston beans and a bit too much non-crispy white fat on the bacon. Still overall fantastic and will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“wonderful cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

definitely a popular spot for tea and cakes (and savoury food as well) - easy to see why! we went for the cake selection (3 slices and couldn't finish them all) and sticky toffee pudding, both great!

Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coffee time this afternoon and we called into Sugar Junction - The place where cakes have been allowed again.

First impressions was the decor and vnitage style of the shop. It was all so well done and very cosy that made us want to stay. Very quickly we were greeted, shown to our table and given a menu.

There were so many delicious items it was quite difficult to choose. In the end it was coffee , tea and cakes.

Both the coffee (a cappuccino) and tea were well made. The coffee had a coffee taste to it, not too milky as it can sometimes be. It was also the right temperature. The tea was flavourful too.

The two pieces are cake were large slices and were fresh, light and extremely tasty. I know where I will be going soon !

The service was efficient and unrushed. The waitress came over and asked if we were ready to order or did we want more time.

Prices are extremely reasonable for quality products and a fantastic atmosphere.
I wouldn't hesitate a second.

I can see the place must get very busy at weekends and on festive occasions so booking ahead might be a good idea.