“Well worth the visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Swinton, United Kingdom
“Well worth the visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went along to one of the Joe Longthorne nights & wasn't sure if a set menu would be to my liking but it really was! The three of us chose differnt items & my garlic mushrooms were delicious, I only wished they had given me some bread to mop up the juices left in my dish! For our main course I had chicken,again very tasty & my friends tried the salmon & pork & they were both enthusiastic about each of their mains! The vegetables arrived unlike some restuarants where there are 3 of you & you share one large dish we had a dish to serve two & I get my own serving,very much appreciated! They had cheesecake but I opted for the gateau.....delish! We also had coffee & chocs & mints as part of the set meal. With a reasonable priced rose we were ready to enjoy the show & Joe was brilliant. Isis helps charities so we bought some tickets & my friend won a meal for two at Isis,wish it had been for three but that is a bit cheeky,isn't it? The next shows are in December, don't bother going into Manchester,stay local & you will have a ball!

• Visited September 2012

salford
“very nice but a bit loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

went there 8th April for family celebration,table was booked for 7pm all seated straight away,a bit cramped but the place was pretty full,all the food was very nice the only problem was the bar they have opened next door"The Ice Bar"people in there think its ok to come & sit in the restaraunt and start siniging & shouting when they are not eating,once this is sorted will be a lot better,been there before the bar was opened and it was a little better

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester
“Best Italian in Salford....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great service... Excellent Food....Good selection of Drinks... I have never had a bad meal at Isis... service always comes with a smile.. the hotel rooms upstairs are lovely and very well priced.

• Visited March 2012
Manchester
“Lovely food and friendly staff :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I went to Isis with my friend. We booked at around 4 o'clock and managed to get in for 7 o'clock no problem. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly waiter who asked us which table we would like to sit at - which was a nice change from being shown to a table! We ordered a bottle of house rosé which at around £20 was a little bit overpriced. I ordered the prawn and crayfish salad which was delicious and there was plenty of it. My friend ordered pâté which was also nice. For main I had the tagliatelle carbonara which was really nice and not at all sickly like some creamy dishes can be. My friend had the calzone pizza which again was a really good portion size. For desert I had vanilla cheesecake which was ok but was similar to panacotta in texture. My friend had chocolate fudge cake which was amazing!

So to sum up, lovely food, atmosphere and staff but a little over priced. Its the sort of place for a special occasion as you'll need to save you pennies!

• Visited March 2012
Manchester
“Good menu, good portions - just don't be in a rush”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

As a "can't be bothered to cook, let's eat out" option, this restaurant ticks the box. It's not the cheapest Italian restaurant you'll have been to, but it has an extensive menu, several choices to suit a veggie and a mouth-watering dessert menu. Service is leisurely but efficient. The Ice Bar is great for pre/post dinner drinks and there is parking right next to the restaurant so not too far to stagger after a few glasses of chianti!

• Visited February 2012