“Great nights sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Newport, United Kingdom
“Great nights sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We came as part of a Christmas present, Met by very helpful receptionist & shown to room. large, warm & comfortable. After washing we proceeded to near by bus stop 100yards & then using our bus passes we were transported to Manchester city center for dinner & a performance at Manchester arena. Back to our accommodation. A leisurely large breakfast was set before us by the polite, friendly staff.
Bus every 10 minutes & takes about 15 minutes to central Manchester..

Room Tip: Back of Hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at this location many times and the recent improvements to the rooms in the hotel represent a significant improvement to the standard of accommodation.
The staff are first rate, creating a relaxed environment for all guests.
Clean rooms with a good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Billingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Only paid £25 for one night. Car park only £3 for 24 hours can pre book. Room everything you expect from a Travelodge. Checked in quickly, only time dealt with staff. We left car and walked to tram stop (Velo park) then only £3 return into city centre.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed as we wanted to visit the Christmas markets, very close to the city.
Did not eat or drink there so cannot comment on the facilities.
The one member of staff we met was friendly and helpful.
The rooms are extremely small and quite clean.
All hallways outside of the room were revolting and in desperate need of a Hoover which makes you worried about how often the rooms were tidied!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been using travelodge from past 4 years, but I never had bad experience with staff like in Manchester Sport city. I came from far away to manchester for 2 day stay. I booked for 2 adults. On second night which is Friday night we came from Movie about 2AM. I have one extra guest with me because it was too late in night I didn't let her go alone for security reasons. I know that 3 people are not allowed, but I thought may I can pay extra to stay in my room or I can book another room in same hotel. After reaching to hotel, doors were closed and we ring the bell. No one respond untill 5 mins must be in other part of hotel. After they came they talked to me on intercom and Ms. Kayleigh said that "get rid of her(3rd guest) otherwise we won't allow you into hotel" she was soooo rude to us. We have requested to talk to her just inside the Door because it was too cold outside. She refused it and we were outside for an hour in freezing condition. She blame me that I have to plan ahead. She dosen't have any manners at all. We tried for most of the hotels and all are full. We begged her from outside that only 2 persons will go into room, last person just stand inside because of cold. She dosen't have any humanity and said "Getout of hotel" and she cut the call on face. When I tried to call back she was looking at ringing phone and my face outside and did fun with Mr. Andrew. They didn't pick the call. After trying loads of times she pick the call and same rude to me. I can't believe that she said to customer like that. We requested her that I want to talk to supervisor and explain my situation. She refused to contact. We beg her that we came from far please atleast allow us inside but she was enjoying our situation. She showed Racism and partiality because in between there are many other guests came in odds and groups. She didn't say any thing to her. I never saw and experience this kind of customer service any where. Better travelodge recruit good people otherwise they will loose business for sure. I have used travelodge loads of times, but I have decided not to.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Manchester Sportcity, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We’re truly sorry to learn that you did not receive a high level of customer care as we pride ourselves in delivering this exceptionally well to every customer every day. Please allow us to look into this further by providing more information via our contact us page.
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What can I say, a travelodge Is a travelodge. Found the staff very helpful, room very clean with the usual stuff in it. Looks like the place has had a revamp. About 2 miles out if city centre. £6 in taxi. Car park £3 for 24hrs. Found car park very dear in town. Curry mile 2 mile away. Definitely go back

• Stayed December 2014
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Travelodge was well situated for my visit to watch the squash at the national squash center. Arrived around 9-30 pm, staff were friendly and very helpful. Paid for parking in an empty car park. Went to the room, which didn't smell particularly fresh, the room was so small I could hardly walk around the bed, which had a dirty duvet on, The television was appalling with lines across the screen. There was blood on the bathroom door.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Manchester Sportcity? Share your experiences!