“Alright” 2 of 5 stars

Saver rooms available
Ranked #69 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Alright”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed as we wanted to visit the Christmas markets, very close to the city.
Did not eat or drink there so cannot comment on the facilities.
The one member of staff we met was friendly and helpful.
The rooms are extremely small and quite clean.
All hallways outside of the room were revolting and in desperate need of a Hoover which makes you worried about how often the rooms were tidied!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been using travelodge from past 4 years, but I never had bad experience with staff like in Manchester Sport city. I came from far away to manchester for 2 day stay. I booked for 2 adults. On second night which is Friday night we came from Movie about 2AM. I have one extra guest with me because it was too late in night I didn't let her go alone for security reasons. I know that 3 people are not allowed, but I thought may I can pay extra to stay in my room or I can book another room in same hotel. After reaching to hotel, doors were closed and we ring the bell. No one respond untill 5 mins must be in other part of hotel. After they came they talked to me on intercom and Ms. Kayleigh said that "get rid of her(3rd guest) otherwise we won't allow you into hotel" she was soooo rude to us. We have requested to talk to her just inside the Door because it was too cold outside. She refused it and we were outside for an hour in freezing condition. She blame me that I have to plan ahead. She dosen't have any manners at all. We tried for most of the hotels and all are full. We begged her from outside that only 2 persons will go into room, last person just stand inside because of cold. She dosen't have any humanity and said "Getout of hotel" and she cut the call on face. When I tried to call back she was looking at ringing phone and my face outside and did fun with Mr. Andrew. They didn't pick the call. After trying loads of times she pick the call and same rude to me. I can't believe that she said to customer like that. We requested her that I want to talk to supervisor and explain my situation. She refused to contact. We beg her that we came from far please atleast allow us inside but she was enjoying our situation. She showed Racism and partiality because in between there are many other guests came in odds and groups. She didn't say any thing to her. I never saw and experience this kind of customer service any where. Better travelodge recruit good people otherwise they will loose business for sure. I have used travelodge loads of times, but I have decided not to.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Manchester Sportcity, responded to this review, 5 days ago
We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We’re truly sorry to learn that you did not receive a high level of customer care as we pride ourselves in delivering this exceptionally well to every customer every day. Please allow us to look into this further by providing more information via our contact us page.
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

What can I say, a travelodge Is a travelodge. Found the staff very helpful, room very clean with the usual stuff in it. Looks like the place has had a revamp. About 2 miles out if city centre. £6 in taxi. Car park £3 for 24hrs. Found car park very dear in town. Curry mile 2 mile away. Definitely go back

• Stayed December 2014
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Travelodge was well situated for my visit to watch the squash at the national squash center. Arrived around 9-30 pm, staff were friendly and very helpful. Paid for parking in an empty car park. Went to the room, which didn't smell particularly fresh, the room was so small I could hardly walk around the bed, which had a dirty duvet on, The television was appalling with lines across the screen. There was blood on the bathroom door.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Southport, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although I was not expecting the nicest hotel for the price me and my friend payed to stay, I was definitely not expecting what we got. On arrival at the hotel, we walked down the corridor which was covered in bin bags. Within the first two hours of being in our room, staff just walked in twice and just told us to "go back to our room" when we went out to see who was there. Later on, when we returned to the hotel, this happened again. In the middle of the night, whilst we were ready to go to bed and were quietly talking in our room, we were disturbed by a member of staff banging on the door telling us to "open up now". When we opened the door, we were rudely told by a member of staff to "keep the noise down" otherwise we would be evicted from our room. Even if we had of been being loud, I would never be expected to be spoken to by a member of staff in any establishment in that manor. Later in the night, after finally getting to sleep after being constantly disturbed by people coming in from nights out making a noise (with paper thin doors with big gaps at the bottom that didn't help), the same member of staff that earlier disturbed us was shouting at people to leave down the corridor. The people she was evicting hadn't disturbed us, yet she somehow managed to, yet again. We were once again awoken many times in the early morning by people leaving (due to no fault of their own but thin walls and doors being a problem once again). I would push anybody to just pay a little extra and stay somewhere where you are likely to get a better nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
TravelodgeUK, Niki from Customer Services at Travelodge Manchester Sportcity, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re truly sorry to learn that you did not receive a high level of customer care as we pride ourselves in delivering this exceptionally well to every customer every day. We would like to investigate further so please use the contact us section on our website to provide your contact and booking details.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel 26.11.14 for 1 night. Struggled to locate via car and Tomtom as the hotel is round the corner from where the Tomtom tells you - I had to guess at which way to turn. Car parking is £3 per 24 hours! Unacceptable for me when you pay for a room - I paid £60 for the room. The location of the hotel was great for The Monastery on Gorton Lane. The 1 member of Staff I saw and spoke to was friendly enough and took interest in my reason for visit. Inside the room, clean and comfortable bed. However false advertisement of 27 channels when most had very poor aerial connection and the others were radio channels. I simply could not watch TV because there was hardly any picture or sound without 'noise'. You get 30mins free wi-if with your stay before you pay £3 per 24 hours. I hardly slept due to inconsiderate people slamming doors - weighted doors so they swing back on to the latch. I would not wish to stay here again, though have had positive Travelodge experiences in the past.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here on Saturday and Sunday nights, we were visiting Manchester for the football at the Ethiad .

The hotel is 15 minutes by bus from Piccadilly Station , but apart from a local shop we did not find any pubs or restaurants in walking distance.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel was full, but there were no disturbances.

We walked to the stadium, which took us around 25 minutes.

We also walked into Manchester, and that took us about 50minutes. We had a taxi back, expect to pay around £7 - £10.

Buses stop close by at "Belle Vue" and a single costs £2.30.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Manchester Sportcity? Share your experiences!