“Excellent service, food and surroundings - Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, food and surroundings - Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We LOVE this place! We went to watch Cirque Du Soleil at MEN arena and needed somewhere to eat closeby and at around 5/6pm before the show. We spotted this place in the Printworks and decided to try it out. It's a lovely greek restaurant and we really enjoyed our time here!

We were greeted by a friendly man who showed us to our table - he picked out the best table for us as a couple, one of the big round tables. The room is lit really nicely and the atmosphere is perfect. We were really looked after by the staff.

Food was amazing, I had prawns and my partner had the lamb (there was a fancy name for them I can't remember!) which both came with a flat bread and the most amazing potato chips ever.

We had a good, friendly chat and laugh with one of the waitresses about the football and how I had booked the theatre tickets on the opening night of the World Cup. She was really lovely.

I would definitely recommend this place and I will certainly be returning in the future! It would be a good place to book out for large parties or work parties, they have a big room upstairs with a long table.

You will fall in LOVE with this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Sweet as a Greek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ok, so we ended up in here by default. We had time before a film started at the nearby cinema which for the purposes of this review shall remain......................................Odeon. We wanted some food before the film while we were trying to kill a bit of time while our daughter was at the One Direction concert at the Etihad, home of the current English Champions Manchester City.

We opted for Hard Rock Cafe and entered the premises, ordered a drink, started waiting for a table, looked at the menu, decided the prices were too pricey and also that we would be waiting for ages so we left the drinks and moved on.

We had almost gone into Papa G's on the way past it earlier so that was our next option. In we went and got a table immediately. We had only got back from Greece two days previously and I never knew this was a Greek eaterie until I had sat down. I didn't really want Greek food after all we had had recently, but went with it.

Ordered drinks and food, just main courses right away as we had already wasted time. We told the waiter that we were going to see a film and told him the time and to his credit and the chef's, we received our food quickly.

I decided to go Greek with a burger and chips. It was presented very nicely and cooked very nicely and tasted....errr......very nicely ! The chips were those big fat ones set up like Jenga on your plate. They were not dry as some are and were very very nice and more filling than they look too. Very happy with my food.
My wife had calamari and the same big fat chips. She struggled to eat all of her food but really enjoyed it.

We were getting close to the film start and asked for the bill sharpish. It came swiftly as requested. Happy with the price, the service and the food, I left a healthy tip. Recommended restaurant. Our visit couldn't have been better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Great food great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very happy looked at the menu and found it to be really interesting so went in and glad we did. Perfect service lovely main including homemade chips and an amazing dessert with the chocolate calzone. Would recommend highly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

After a long day of shopping I and my friend wanted nothing more than a nice sit down three course meal, we decided on Papa G's as on the outset it seemed to tick all our boxes; not too busy, decent looking food and a pleasent ambience. HOWEVER, it just wasnt that great, the chicken was dry and the spaghetti was plain. There were flies where we were sat so much so we moved. It just wasnt worth what we paid for at all, on the other hand our waiter was lovely and the soup was nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice, but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I visited here before a concert, after travelling from Birmingham myself and my sister and daughter were realy hungry, the reviews were good so we gave it a try, the manager was welcoming and friendly and our waiter was lovely, my sister ordered burgers which were lovely, my daughters spaghetti Bol was nice too, I however ordered a salmon salad, it came and I can honestly say it was the biggest bowl of salad Iv ever seen, I mean I like to eat but this was off the scale! The dressing was a bit vinegary but I'm not too fussy, but my salmon was burnt to a crisp! Ok I get it it's chargrilled but this was black chalk! I sent it back, the manager took it away and came back not 2 mins later and gave it back to me after he had peeled the burnt bits off! I was stunned! I said it was unacceptable, he seemed shocked that I wanted a fresh salmon, he took it away in a huff and told me I'd hav to wait! It took 20 mins by which time everyone else had finished their meal, my salad (which was the same 1) was wilted and warm. Not great. I'm surprised that a place as big and popular as this would actualy think that was the correct way to rectify a piece of burnt food!! Just pick it apart and send it right back! Unreal. No apology, nothing, it was bad customer service. Shame as I loved the atmosphere.