“The perfect restaurant ran by a very friendly family who make you feel welcome the second you walk through the front door and fo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Papa G's

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I live in nottingham and often go to manchester to watch man u and every time me and my girlfriend visit we also make a point of going to papa g's restaurant the food is amazing the service is the best and every time we have been there we just cant wait til we next visit so we can go papa g's again the place is addictive its that good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“superb cant wait to visit again soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Visited with my partner and mum for the start of her 70th birthday celebrations late afternoon on 3rd august. Very spacious and comfortable booths, service superb. The food was amazing, had the tiger prawns superbly cooked. We ordered side greek salad as a side which was lush and fresh and a huge portion, along with another side of these amazing fat chips. Didn't really need these, there was enough on the plate (would have had room for dessert if we hadn't over-ordered. Mum had the sirlion stek, which was in fact the best steak I had ever had, moist and soft, amazing. The manager came chatting about the resaurant and the food. Good value, we weren't rushed, even though it got very busy. Loved it, definately go back soon. I was looking for the old orleons restaraunt but that is not there anymore, I'm glad or we wouldn't have sampled the superb cuisine at pappa g's .

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southlake, Texas
“Pride is well displayed by the staff, food and decor.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a great independent restaurant, staffed by people who try hard to make your visit a pleasant experience. It was very relaxing and not hurried. I walked back and saw the chefs prepare our excellent dishes. My wife loved the Char-broiled skewered-Chicken Souflake. They stack the fat steak-fries in Jenga game-style. Fabulous desserts. Found it through my friends on Trip-Advisor, and love it. I had the chicken pasta, also excellent. Wish I had ordered lamb, I saw a beautiful plate go by.

Visited July 2013
“God help Manchester”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

If this wanna be Greek restaurant in central Manchester survives then things must be pretty desperate in North West. Walked in having high expectations.. what a mistake. The decor was modern and the restaurant was very spacious but empty, which says it all in my opinion especially considering it is located in central Manchester. The Greek salad was so bland and limp and meagre
, that i seriously doubt Gregg's would have the audacity to sell it. Then came the moussaka which was served in a bowl of bechamel sauce with 3 mushrooms and one slice of aubergine with a few mouthfulls of pepper.. Just a joke. Finally the red house wine tasted like cheap vinegar and in fact was undrinkable. Service was good though. Conclusion i wouldnt return even if everything was gratis.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“BRILLIANT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant in the evening and thank God we did. Great food (in particular the ribs) and such great value. Atmosphere was fine. Customer service was fantastic and friendly. I don't like busy restaurants but this was perfect. If you want good food and a chilled environment, this is a must. Please bring a Papa G's to London!!!

• Visited July 2013