“Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great Location from Railway Station and Centre of Manchester. Staff very friendly and courtious. Clean bedroom with comfy beds. Would recommend.and hope to stay on any other visits to the City.
Mr D McGowan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Mr McGowan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Ioannis Koletakis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Myself and my partner were up in Manchester for a weekend away. We stayed at the Ibis and it was superb. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff (especially Olivia) were very pleasant and accommodating and the trip itself was overall really nice. If you are looking for clean, convenient, comfortable accommodation on a budget - this is the pace to go,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased that you and yor partner enjoyed your stay at Ibis Manchester Centre. I would also like to thank you for your feedback with regards to the great service that you experienced from my colleague she is extremely delighted with your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Ioannis Koletakis
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have stayed here several times before when in Manchester due to locality, price, cleanliness and comfy beds. While the bed was still very comfy and the extra pillows are welcome, we were very disappointed with the cleanliness. The bathroom smelt heavily of damp, there were grubby marks on the small seating area and on the windowsill. The window also did not appear to close properly which made it a bit drafty. In fact we had to keep the curtains closed. We didnt spend a lot of time in the room so it didnt really bother us enough to complain but i must admit we are wondering whether to stay here again. It just needs a bit brightening up and grubby things replacing. These budget hotels seems to be going the same way I wouldnt stay in a Travelodge anymore either the last couple of times they have been really grimy too!
The service, as always,was good at reception,cant fault that,and sleep quality was good. Communal areas seemed clean and tidy.
Just feel let down that our favourite budget hotel has got so run down!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Manchester City Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have personally spoken to our Head Housekeeper regarding your experience and they are sincerely sorry for allowing this to happen. As I am sure you are aware, these are not our usual standards and I can assure you action has been taken to ensure they are not repeated.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give the hotel your valuable feedback and trusting that with the actions documented above we will have the pleasure of your company at Ibis Manchester Centre again very soon.

Kind Regards, Ioannis Koletakis
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

a small but ok hotel. the room clean and beds very comfy. the bar and restarant small. the location good for shops and bars and the men arena, we saw donny and marie show very good show by the way recomend it. we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Ms Bond,

belfast, northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a trip to Manchester with my boyfriend to see a Man Utd match. Couldn't fault the hotel for location and the rooms are great, for your basic budget hotel - comfy bed, spacious and clean! Couldnt have asked for more!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind words. They were very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at the Ibis Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester in which I hope will be just as enjoyable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel as I said before looked fro
Outside amazing but as I checked in I was in a highest floor n lift was not working so I had to ri. Up and down during the night which was annoying the hotel manager at that time was very elofuk he did explain why the lifts do not wrk but when next morning I went downstairs ad said I she. Asked cr wake up all but obviously it would not happened cos in my room the phone was not working and the lifts where not working I left my boyfriend in a room cos he was sleeping and u went downstaires from 4floor to ground to asked all my things and also say to wake me up even the phone and lift do not work I was not making a big thing but thn u said cabbage ask housekeeper for some new towels but In stead she gave me towels and said they for you I was not disappointed but why I was upset cos I had to carry them upstartes as my self working in hotel I know how things work and I was just play for a fool I did not care as much my boyfriend did and as far as I know no one deat with us an I would recommend this hotel to no one I. Future juts because how they he dealt with me and my boyfriend by doing nothing not even talking tht they did jt let my boyfriend in at the first which was disappointing I understand he is not white but he could start court against being descrimineiting to other colour then rather white. Sorry I write this but it true.

Room Tip: They said if u want any thing u come dOwn states and get ad that times also lifts was hot working so...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisManchester, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with our lifts brake down and especially with your phones not working at the same time.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t understand your comments in regards to your boyfriend been discriminated, however please be reassured that this can not be right as we are such a multicultural team with members from many different ethnic backgrounds.

Nevertheless, I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this further and would appreciate if you were to contact me either by email on or telephone me on.
Yours sincerely,

Ioannis Koletakis

Been to Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street? Share your experiences!